ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Un-FCd Songs on X and X+ Drums: 3 X+ FCs (SS, CiaM, DB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
Regarding the GHWT FGFC:
I'd say give it to someguy. If Sulfurus had discovered how to hit the Overkill outro when someguy was still playing, we know he would have gotten it within a day.

Are you aware that this has always been the point of debate in the "Danny vs. iamchris4life" discussions? Every time one of those topics popped up, Chris' disinterest in a Heroes of Our Time FC was bound to be mentioned. Chris didn't try for the song, thus not fueling the rivalry that would've commenced between the two. "Chrissists" would argue that had he actually tried, he would've gotten the FC in no time (which is a belief that has to be disregarded completely if you look at who is the better GH player). This is exactly what you're doing now. You're crediting someone with an FC that he didn't actually acquire. We'll never know whether or not someguy would've gotten the FC, although you're right in that it's no different from his first "FC" because he just has to save star power.

...but maybe he could only do it once, who knows?

This post has become way too long and I might look like some... fanatic now on this matter (I'm really not. I started out this post trying to point out something small, which led to the deceptively preachy rant above), so back to the original point. Someguy SHOULD be credited with the FGFC first, just because nobody knew better. Within the bounds of our knowledge and standards and looking at the context of the time, he couldn't have done better, although ccmoose1 should, of course, get full credit as having accomplished the first (F)ACTUAL fgfc (or at least an honorable mention).

P.S. I don't remember if it was Danny who had the first FC of HoOT, but that's sort of besides the point.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
ccmoose wrote:
Regarding the GHWT FGFC:
I'd say give it to someguy. If Sulfurus had discovered how to hit the Overkill outro when someguy was still playing, we know he would have gotten it within a day.

Someguy SHOULD be credited with the FGFC first, just because nobody knew better. Within the bounds of our knowledge and standards and looking at the context of the time, he couldn't have done better.

That sentence right there is the key for me. It wasn't like he felt above the song and didn't want to grind for it. He and the rest of the community thought it was absolutely impossible to not break combo there.

Of course, if you wanna give me an honorable mention for being the first with a (F)ACTUAL FGFC... well, who am I to say no to that?

Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater is to be given many e-cookies and thanks for helping me format the New OP! I took the design he gave me and administered some changes based off of your requests. Any suggestions for improvements will be greatly appreciated!

Next topic up for discussion: Now that we have a MUCH smaller list to contend with (jesus shit I remember when viola started up his thread - we've been DOIN WORK) I think it's more appropriate to start looking at the songs that are here now and seeing what songs should be considered for the "Epic" list. In all honesty, I want this list to get to the point where we don't need the asterisks and all of the songs are of this caliber, whether they be new and up and coming songs or batshit ROFL songs (*cough*BLACK BETTY*cough*) but it's still a better time than ever to bring up discussion about which songs deserve that don't and which songs don't deserve it that do.

I petition Still I Rise to join. Anyone agree?

BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving the new OP. Very clean and easy to read.

Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added some descriptions for Shortest Straw and War Ensemble. I know they aren't the greatest but it's better than nothing. I also updated the War Ensemble vid for a better video of X+. The guy also plays the triple kicks as triplets, so it gives an idea on how it works (and from what I can see, how hit or miss it can be).

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this thread going:

Forgive the brightness, camera is set up for splitscreen, and I'm not retuning it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the new layout. Much easier on the eyes and it makes it simpler to find whatever you're looking for. Thanks for all the work and effort.

Couple of corrections:
GHWT only has 84 songs on the drum setlist, so it should be 84/84 not 85/85.

I have not FC'ed all the Death Magnetic DLC on drums. In fact, the only song I did was The Day that Never Comes so that we could have a community-wide FA(lbum)FC. I believe Path102 is the only guy to have the solo FAFC, but I'm not certain.

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loving the new look!
Number with No Name is probably the easiest GHWT left unfc'd (either that or cadillac w/e) and I'm thinking Mercy is the easiest GH5 song to fc. Let's eliminate these expert songs! (save for Black Betty D

CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be working on foxey lady and possibly LCDS X+ this weekend...wish i could do it on X but i dont have band hero so an FC would be nearly impossible even if i play it perfectly

edit: LCDS isnt happening on X+, just not good enough with the double bass yet, but i can handle the blasts fine ah well, someone send me band hero and i'll get it on X >.>

foxey lady isnt too bad, the problem is playing it on WT (it doesnt export) and having it miss instead of activating is killin me. does an FC without using any starpower still count as an FC?

Last edited by CoalfieldRocker on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I just about FC'd Oh Yeah! and was planning to get it this weekend...

Thanks Sulfurus for ruining my accomplishment
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about lack of updating, i recently moved to a place with only wireless and every wireless adapter ive got so far with my comp has blue screened it D:. i hope to be back and up and running soon. i really dont want to try editing the op on my ipod.

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:

It's not the first time that's happened My apologies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
llamaman2 wrote:

It's not the first time that's happened My apologies.

I FCd Oh Yeah! first try last night with Kingsy and Elisoncruz.

I think by FCing songs, Sulfurus gives us the ability to do it. cuz I choked on Oh Yeah! like 03947320975 times.

ALSO I CAN HAZ COMPUTER INTERNET

mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoalfieldRocker wrote:
i'll be working on foxey lady and possibly LCDS X+ this weekend...wish i could do it on X but i dont have band hero so an FC would be nearly impossible even if i play it perfectly

edit: LCDS isnt happening on X+, just not good enough with the double bass yet, but i can handle the blasts fine ah well, someone send me band hero and i'll get it on X >.>

foxey lady isnt too bad, the problem is playing it on WT (it doesnt export) and having it miss instead of activating is killin me. does an FC without using any starpower still count as an FC?

Wow if you can handle and FC the LCDS blasts you are amazing!

And I hate activating in GHWT, its sooooooooooooooooo hard
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
I choked on Oh Yeah! like 03947320975 times.

Ugh, this is so true. Between activating the last SP phrase and randomly missing a pad I think I choked 1120843849 times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28

Jump to: