ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Metallica Hands-On Preview - Q&A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blindrocker2008  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get rid of the purple hammer ons please there just so inaccurate and it will make everything easier if you get rid of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: blind08
dahabi  

guess ill ask the hammeron question before anyone else does...how are they? =WT or what?

Ah ok, wasnt sure if ANL would actually be "on disc" if you didnt have the DM DLC, thanks for clearing that up
CarlosRdz182  

Did you cheked the Music Studio? Does it have more sounds for the instruments?
mgxavier  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 questions:

1. What was the funnest song you guys played?

2. What was the hardest song you guys played?

3. Did you play Disposable Heroes, and if you did, how was it?
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: mgxavier Wii Friend Code: 3907412680490821
blindrocker2008  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the hammer ons and pull offs easier harder or the same as ghwt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: blind08
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll answer these two in the same post, since they're kinda similar.

blindrocker2008 wrote:
can you get rid of the purple hammer ons please there just so inaccurate and it will make everything easier if you get rid of them.

I myself am unable to get rid of the purple notes. If you're asking if there's an option to turn them off, then you're still kinda out of luck, since there isn't. Like I said in the wiki though, I didn't actually notice any times where the purple notes were actually "broken". It was very pain-free to use all of them.

dahabi wrote:
guess ill ask the hammeron question before anyone else does...how are they? =WT or what?

The engine is basically World Tour pt. 2. Hammerons work the same as they did in WT.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
One that had me laugh was a purple note towards the very end of Stone Cold Crazy...that was just one orange note after a couple seconds of silence. No sustain, no slide, no anything. It was just one random orange note, a few more seconds of silence, and then the end of the song.

lol thats pretty strange. As for my question, what was the hardest overall song that you played? which song had the hardest solo (other than one)?
blindrocker2008  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k thanx thats all the questions i have. you rock.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarlosRdz182 wrote:
Did you cheked the Music Studio? Does it have more sounds for the instruments?

While we didn't want to spend too much time in the Music Studio, Carrot did boot up one of the Neversoft tracks made by the game while in Quickplay. The guitar actually sounds more...guitar-like in this one. It's tough to explain, but the guitar sounded pretty synthesized in WT creations and never truly sounded like guitar to me. Not the case here. Bass sounded pretty badass too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh damn i forgot to ask why didn't they have new drum sounds.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgxavier wrote:
3 questions:

1. What was the funnest song you guys played?

2. What was the hardest song you guys played?

3. Did you play Disposable Heroes, and if you did, how was it?

juwarnke wrote:
lol thats pretty strange. As for my question, what was the hardest overall song that you played? which song had the hardest solo (other than one)?

Similar questions, so I'll answer them here.

1. On vocals? The Unforgiven. Badass song to sing, and not too difficult either. On guitar? I had lots of fun with Creeping Death. Pretty difficult main riff, fun long solo, and tapping at the end made it a blast.

2. While the reward to that obviously goes to War Ensemble, since we never even bothered trying it in full-band play after we failed many times as soon as the drums had anything to do, the hardest song we passed was probably War Inside My Head. Pretty relentless drum part, soloing almost the entire song on guitar, surprisingly tough bass line, and some random pitches on vocals (no, the song isn't all talkies. It's about 50/50 talkies to pitches).

2a. To answer which question had the hardest solo...from what I saw, War Ensemble. I didn't spend too much time looking through guitar solos, though.

3. We did not, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindrocker2008 wrote:
oh damn i forgot to ask why didn't they have new drum sounds.

In...music studio? Again, we didn't spend any time in music studio, but I was under the assumption that they sampled Lars' drumkit. Could very easily be wrong, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of a silly question I know, but it's been bothering me:
I'm pretty sure they fixed the drummers animations on Metallica songs because they had Lars do mo-cap for all of them, but what about non-metallica songs? Does the drummer still animate like in WT (horribly) or does he seem to actually play the song right?

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightmareJG wrote:
A bit of a silly question I know, but it's been bothering me:
I'm pretty sure they fixed the drummers animations on Metallica songs because they had Lars do mo-cap for all of them, but what about non-metallica songs? Does the drummer still animate like in WT (horribly) or does he seem to actually play the song right?

From what I've seen, none of the animations in this game suck. Granted, the animations in the background of GHTunes songs still suck ass, especially for the drummer, but in-game hardly had any issues from what I remember.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: