Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Custom Hard Rivalry: Puppetz Hero IV: Ultimatum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Custom Hard Rivalry: Puppetz Hero IV: Ultimatum Reply with quote

Just wondering if there were any Hard players out there that have customs. Yeah, I know customs are more or less played by the Experts, but there are a good handful of charts that have both difficulties. Anyways, most all of puppetz charts have Hard mode charted, so I figured maybe a few of you guys would like to give this a go with me.

I downloaded all of Puppetz Hero IV: Ultimatum here (must have an account to view)

I've pretty much started on tier 5 and have been working my way down. I still need to add tiers 1-4 into the game. So I figured we would just do tier 5 and up to tier 15. (TONS of songs.....)

I figured the first to 40/70 FCs wins And of course, we can continue on from there. Now these songs are NOT easy on Hard. I mean some are, but most are still quite the challenge (some songs are looooooong). So this should be a good start. I would do this on Expert but these songs are LOLhard on that difficulty.

Anyways, any takers? (I have roughly like 15 FCs right now, maybe less)
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a great idea . i'll definitely try to play a little tonight but then i will be gone from tuesday-monday so you can gain a hefty lead on me. the only fcs i know i have are spanish fly and 20th century boy so i guess im at 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get GH PC now... lol. If I had it, I'd be all over this.
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket, I'm surprised you don't have GH3PC yet. lol These charts are a lot of fun. Some, I think, are near impossible, at least for me. Lots of GH1-esque strumming solos. I don't like how puppetz would chart a solo on Expert with all hopos, and then barely change the solo on Hard but make it all strums

newuser, glad you will join! I remember you getting 20th CB a while back. I had a run at it last night and got like 1600 notes in or something and then just randomly missed. Spanish fly is probably a no go for me right now since I suck so bad at YBO trips. But I'm pretty close to getting Soul of a Robot Had a pretty bad choke not too long ago (in the easy chords at the end ). I'm close on a lot of others too. I'll list what FCs I do have later.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Some, I think, are near impossible, at least for me. Lots of GH1-esque strumming solos. I don't like how puppetz would chart a solo on Expert with all hopos, and then barely change the solo on Hard but make it all strums

this^^. the songs are simple until the solo which is all strums . for this rivalry i'll try to get some videos posted too but sometimes fraps will lag the game and i'll miss so i'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd love to see some videos since I can't play the charts. I wanna see how messed up these are lol.
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
Davers wrote:
Some, I think, are near impossible, at least for me. Lots of GH1-esque strumming solos. I don't like how puppetz would chart a solo on Expert with all hopos, and then barely change the solo on Hard but make it all strums

this^^. the songs are simple until the solo which is all strums . for this rivalry i'll try to get some videos posted too but sometimes fraps will lag the game and i'll miss so i'll see how it goes.

I'll try and get some vids as well, but like you said, fraps does make the game lag. If anything, at least I can show the charts.

I did almost get a full solo FC of Soldiers of the Wasteland. Lots of strums in there too. I missed at the very beginning of the solo and then proceeded to FC the rest. So I'm pretty sure that full song FC is possible for me.

So here are the FCs I have so far:

Into the Oblivion
No Stars Over Bethlehem
Departed
Cross
Groove or Die
Cry for You
Bodom Beach Terror
Crossing the Rubicon <---Got this first try and it has lots of random strumming o.O
Black Diamond
Spanish Fire
7 Dias
Addicted to that Rush <---high tier song but pretty easy on Hard
The Echo Song <----Pretty much 2700 notes of hopos

I think that's it. Again, I'm really close on several others including a 99% run of BWoLP (easier than WoR version). I'll be trying to go for more tonight and this week, but the difficulty of these songs really don't make it easy to get FCs at all.

EDIT: Blah, yesterday I was on fire hitting all kinds of stupid stuff. Now today I can't hit even the simplest hopo chains. Looks like I'm done for the night. Off to play Skyrim and then maybe later I'll edit a video of some solos for eddaket. I'll have the bot run on the solos because it really is almost impossible to run fraps on my computer and play decent at the same time. lol
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, double post.

Anyways, I chose 4 different songs with strummy type solos. I couldn't use the bot because it causes GH3 to crash in practice mode. So I just went to practice and let it run and recorded that way. I didn't use hyperspeed to make it look more like GH1. lol

Songs are:

In the Name of God
All Guns Blazing (I've FC'd this solo)
This Dying Soul
Crossing the Rubicon (I somehow managed to FC this song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYgKpI9PMVA

There are more solos like these but the harder songs don't have practice mode and I didn't want to sit through an entire song only to clip out a small segment to show. But these here kind of give you an idea of how some of the songs are stupidly charted. Oh, and Headless Horsemen, probably the most awkward chart on Hard ever.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, even though there is no sound, those look like fun. Definitely remind me of GH1. Maybe I'll grab the game over winter break.
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Heh, even though there is no sound, those look like fun. Definitely remind me of GH1. Maybe I'll grab the game over winter break.
Yeah, youtube removed the audio. Sorry about that. But you should try and pick up a copy. The game is like $5 online (good luck finding it at a Gamestop). If you have an xplorer, just plug it into your computer and it will recognize it. No need to get a program to use it or anything. GH3 Control Panel (used for customs) is incredibly easy to use. Just make sure you have a really decent computer to run the game.

I would really love to see you get customs The hard charts are fun, but there are a lot of expert charts out there you would enjoy too (not just the crazy customs people post anymore on youtube). FretsonFire forums have hundreds of custom songs. Plus you could even join this rivalry in which it seems I'm making no progress at all on new FCs...... <.<
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, god. Getting new FCs is going to be freakin' tough. I FINALLY got a new FC and it wasn't even that difficult. The only reason I had been putting it off was because it was long and slow with only a brief part that was even fun to play (a little tricky but not really hard).

So FC #14 - Over the Rainbow.

Man, I'm actually dreading trying to get to 40. lol We might have to say 30 instead.

EDIT: Just got #15 - Kirisute Gomen. I've been close on this one for a while now. Got it first try tonight. It's just a really long song with a semi-difficult solo. Again, been putting it off because of length. Close on a couple of others. Some really bad chokes here and there
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 4 now:

20th century boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrepuLYnBro

spanish fly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xat_bTuXfUo

guitars suck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oRvN4ZtmY

dead bury their dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnOvGlr0w1M

came close to FCing black widow and fury of the storm so those should be part of my 40. at this rate i'll finish this in like 6 months

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
At 4 now:

20th century boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrepuLYnBro

spanish fly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xat_bTuXfUo

guitars suck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oRvN4ZtmY

dead bury their dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnOvGlr0w1M

came close to FCing black widow and fury of the storm so those should be part of my 40. at this rate i'll finish this in like 6 months

Nice! You got Guitars Suck which is impressive. I had a run where I missed in the first part of the song and then FC'd the rest. lol I haven't really tried since.

And good luck on FotS. lol I hate that the "OMGWTFBBQ" section is all strums Black Widow shouldn't be too difficult for you if you've FC'd the GHWOR version (which I think is harder).

As for Dead Bury Their Dead, Solo 1 and 2 are really fun on Expert. lol Try 'em out! And I'll get to FCing some more I suppose. My guitar is starting to overstrum
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got bored with grinding for the O211 (KoC, RaBl, One, and TTFAF left), so I decided to try for FCs for this very dead rivalry. lol Haven't gotten any new ones, BUT I did FC FotS solo first try which is just O.O And I had a 591k run of BWOLP. Then I also happened to get this which I really thought was impossible (-20)

Yeah, this just messes up my pinky pretty bad. Not a fun chart but I figured I'd give it a go. After a while, my hand was just getting confused. No clue if the FC will ever happen but apparently it's possible.

EDIT: Just got this

17th Century Chicken Pickin'

And this! Must be on some kind of roll tonight!

Bite of the Mosquito

AND HOLY BALLSACK O___O

Devil Went Down to Finland 1684 ns
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent played gh3pc in so long...i tried adding new customs a few weeks ago but my game just freezes when i try to go into quickplay. i've never had this happen before and have tried reinstalling everything but nothing works so i gave up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: