ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Link to free USB-Midi cable for Drum Sensitivity Patch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Link to free USB-Midi cable for Drum Sensitivity Patch Reply with quote

Hey guys, not sure if anyone here was aware of this but you can get a free Midi-USB cable from Red Octane for users experiencing odd issues with their WT drum kits. The link is here Red Octane free Midi-USB cable BTW, on the same page, the installation package for the Drum kit Sensitivity Tweak program is towards the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps - if this is already common knowledge or should go elsewhere, feel free to delete/move as necessary.
jinxizme  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this is a standard MIDI Out on the cable?

I have a U2MIDI to USB, which has MIDI IN and MIDI OUT on it. I'm assuming I can hook this up as MIDI OUT to the kit and use the software that way?
Tosh1977  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it work? Does it have to an official cable or can one bought from an electrical shop do the job just as well?
Sv3nt3k  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just want to confirm that I did file for this while under warranty and it just came in the mail today. It's quick and easy, and if you do this within 90 days of purchase, it's absolutely free. No need to pay anything out of your wallet, not even shipping and handling.

If you visit that link, scroll down to the bottom and open up the PDF document. It'll show you a picture of what it looks like and instructions.

I'm still waiting on my 360 to come back from Microsoft, so I can't test it right now. However, when it does, I'll be sure to report my findings.

So if you want a free device that allows you to adjust the sensitivity on your drum kit, this is what you're looking for.
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just received my cable (took about 4 days to Indiana, just FYI) from FedEx. I have to applaud Red Octane for getting this to me so quickly - note, I did not receive any RMA updates via email, it just showed up in 4 business days.

The kit is a godsend, period. You have to use it in conjunction with the Music Studio so you really kind of need a PC within "earshot" of your XBox so you can hook the kit up to a PC and your console at the same time, just FYI. Get the PDF like the above poster suggested and it's pretty much a cinch. You can tell if you're registering double hits or if it's not sensitive enough via the Music Studio and once I got it dialed (upped red to 17, decreased yellow to 7) it works like a charm and I can now pass Expert All Nightmare Long without Star Power and I got through BYOB and My Apocalypse (expert also) for the first time after dialing in the kit.

It may not be the most elegant solution but hey, it works and I don't have to send my kit in now.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my cable fast too, but i cant get working the appz ?
pretty weird, maybe my old cpu...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

This thread should have everything you need to get your tuner up and running. A few things that the thread doesn't say are: Make sure your drum kit and game are on, go to the music studio in the "free mode" so you can see exactly what drums are being hit and when, and restart the tuner if it doesn't seem to be working correctly. I had multiple problems while attempting to tune but after doing what I just suggested, everything worked as it should.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

This thread should have everything you need to get your tuner up and running. A few things that the thread doesn't say are: Make sure your drum kit and game are on, go to the music studio in the "free mode" so you can see exactly what drums are being hit and when, and restart the tuner if it doesn't seem to be working correctly. I had multiple problems while attempting to tune but after doing what I just suggested, everything worked as it should.

well actually, my equipment is not faulty, im just not able to run the appz on my computer, it always says Error in loading the program, did not properly loaded.

its just my computer the problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow-up - the app fixed my problem right up for... oh about two hours. Afterwards, my red pad completely ceased to function. I ended up popping the bottom plastic section off and breaking out the soldering iron. 10 minutes later I was back and better than ever - no tuning software required. It's unfortunate but I'm much happier now at least!
Sv3nt3k  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promised a follow-up earlier so here it is! (My 360 came in the mail today from repair! Yay!)

The kit is amazing. The only thing that needed tweaking was my red pad. After that, I haven't experienced dropped notes at all anymore. Everything is working like it's supposed to.
Colgrave  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Cable 3 days after I sent an order for it. My red pad was having sensitivity problems, imagine that. But it was a great fix hardly ever dropped a red note, except for my timing being so bad. But after about 5+ hours of gameplay it lost a little sensitivity. But you can only tell it only on certain songs.
DivineMaddness  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this work for PS2 or only Xbox 360?
Beat Lou on Expert [ ]
5* Hard [ ] RB
TTAFTF Xpert [X]
snowyporpoise wrote:
Haha one day well run out of songs. And then welll be playing "Never Gonna Give you Up" by Rick Astley in Guitar Hero 71.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DivineMaddness wrote:
does this work for PS2 or only Xbox 360?

I would assume it works for PS2. As long as you have that MIDI plug in the back of your kit then there's no reason the technology wouldn't work for it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When putting in the warranty request what do you ask for? USB Midi or register a problem with the pads or a specific cymbol?
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AvaCaDo wrote:
When putting in the warranty request what do you ask for? USB Midi or register a problem with the pads or a specific cymbol?

Basically just tell them my drums don't work and I need a midi to usb cable for the drum tuner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: