ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drum Song Tiers - Updated 11/04/08
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Doubt needs to be pushed up a tier, and in turn send Obstacle 1 in it's place.

Korn needs to pushed down. WAY DOWN.

And, I would suggest Dammit replaced with Prisoner of Society.
(seriously, dammit isn't hard at all if you have a fast right hand. Prisoner is just all around harder)

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overkill that low?

I mean, I know it's a basic, basic pattern, but if Dammit and Ramblin' Man can be tiered so high based on shear endurance necessary, then surely Overkill can be too?
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

And, I would suggest Dammit replaced with Prisoner of Society.
(seriously, dammit isn't hard at all if you have a fast right hand. Prisoner is just all around harder)

That's just like saying KoC isn't all that hard if you can strum fast. But the thing is, it IS hard because you have to strum fast. In this case it's a majority of the song you are having to smack this cymbal mega fast so I would find it to be more difficult than KoC, thus leaving it where it is at. Also, KoC is in the 7th tier (I think...) and is considered the 65-67 hardest FC in GH3. Dammit should be considered to be somewhat around that difficulty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unranked (can't remember, help?)
* Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - “Hollywood Nights”
* Sex Pistols - “Pretty Vacant”
* Stuck In The Sound - “Toy Boy”
* The Enemy - “Aggro”
* The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”

Hollywood Nights has a weird beat throughout all of it I can't get down, so I'm biased to move it to at least 4. Probably 3 though

I remember Aggro being easy, but I might be mistaken. Anyone wanna reply that or give insight? I got more important songs on my plate :P

Love Spreads was an impossible song in Rock Band, has practically the same chart but just flows much better in Guitar Hero (I have -3 on it, so it can't be that difficult. A song that rewards players for paying attention to minor details, but it does contain some beats that aren't seen often. I would rate tier 5 or 6 due to it's technicality.

and for the love of God, move KoRn down. My drumming experience is being insulted

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to chime in on this since I've started to play the drums much more regularly now - I'm a beginner and I was able to spam through HFT on Expert after learning how to play for about 12 hours on drums (about a week's time?) and I passed it on my 3rd try. I don't know that it should honestly be as high as it is in the list but I suppose I would need to know if this is tiered as far as passing-difficulty or 5*/FC difficulty? Granted I pulled a very low 3* on it but it's passable with just a little practice.

On the other hand, I've tried to pass Purple Haze probably 20 times and can't get past about the 50% mark. I know this is a very isolated observation but if it can give the OP pause to consider, I've done my job.

BTW - this list is absolutely stellar for those of us just starting out on drums!! This is a little selfish since I really enjoy playing the Death Magnetic tracks but seeing where those stack up in here would be cool as well... I realize that opens the door for *all* DLC though.
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the line about DLC so I guess I can give my two cents about Death Magnetic:

Easy-ish songs
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide

I say this because I was able to pass them with a minimum amount of experience

Medium Difficulty
Broken Beat and Scarred
That Was Just Your Life
The Judas Kiss
Suicide and Redemption

Hard Difficulty
The Day that Never Comes
Unforgiven III
My Apocalypse

Not Sure:
The End of the Line

I would say the "easy" songs I mentioned above should be Tier 4, the next set Tier 5, and the last set Tier 6 according to your rankings. That's just my opinion and it is by no means one from an expert - just a casual player but they are supported by watching my friend who can play these on a real drumset very well struggle with sections of the Medium songs and the majority of the song for the songs in my Hard list.
Briane  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electronvtec wrote:

On the other hand, I've tried to pass Purple Haze probably 20 times and can't get past about the 50% mark. I know this is a very isolated observation but if it can give the OP pause to consider, I've done my job.

I think moving Purple Haze to 5 is reasonable, I think it had some messy parts in it and I failed it once or twice (can't remember).
Colgrave  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slight revision to my Death Magnetic tiers, specifically Unforgiven III. Previously I had not played it, I had only seen my friend play it who has actually played the song on real drums and he struggled with it a little bit. I played it for the first time and got through it without much trouble so if I can do that with my current level of experience, I would say that's actually more like a Tier 2, possibly Tier 3 song. It's great fun to play, it just isn't terribly difficult. Again - I'm approaching these from a "passing" standpoint, not a 5*/FC standpoint.
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot, played through The End of the Line yesterday and it's around Tier 4 difficulty.
tordana  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Doubt NEEDS to be T5 if not T6. That and Vicarious are the only two songs I have left to 5*. My 4* score on Soul Doubt is in about 70th place on XBL leaderboards... if only that many people can do better than that it should be higher up.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed about Soul Doubt, it's like a schizo/random version of Ace of Spades '08 (which is Tier 7 on RB2).

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
RonBurgvndy  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Stuck In The Sound - “Toy Boy” = tier 3

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
GH:WT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
TheRaw  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassin
Hot For Teacher
Vicarious

This should be the order of the last tier in my opinion. Assassin is pretty hard but I know I can pass it. Hot For Teacher has a tough drum solo in the beginning that I will never pass and after that, it isn't too difficult. Vicarious is insane.

Other toughies are Scream, Aim & Fire, Schism & Parabola.
Pull Me Under is meh; they could've chosen a tougher song overall when it comes to Dream Theater.

If you have a hard time playing really fast:
Dammit, Trapped Under Ice, Overkill, B.Y.O.B. & Everlong.

Songs that give a me a hard time for whatever reason:
Obstacle 1, Santeria, La Bamba.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot for teacher is my only non-5 star on the game, so personally I think that should be final tier. Trapped under the ice and pull me under i feel are completely over rated difficulty wise, especially if you've played some of the rock band DLC (ATR pack, distrubed). Damnit was a tougher 5 star for me then most other songs also just because it's pretty endurance heavy IMO. B.Y.O.B has 2 tricky parts to it, the intro and the blast beats. The intro is cake for people who've played like blackened and stuff, but the blast beats are hard yet passable with SP. Assasin I personally can't find why people find it hard. Outside of the fill that happens twice in the song, I can pretty much combo it completely. Oh, and scream aim fire was my 2nd to last 5 star, but I think me playing on an ion kit is what made that so hard to get (red to green roll mega ftl.)

Oh, and saying hot for teacher is only hard in the intro is like saying RaBL was only hard in mosh 1 and easily passable after that. It's true, but it doesn't change the fact it's ridiculously hard to pass that part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: