ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is it harder to play on GHWT Drums because of 5 hit windows?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World Tour kit is fucking amazing once you tune it. It's so much more fun. Rock Band drums feel like I'm just hitting some pads, and not playing actual drums.
quade92  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoy playing on my WT kit, I even use it to play RB, it's sometimes annoying as the orange is somewhat in the way, but hey you can just take that off.
But, like people have said the WT takes so much more time to get used to than the RB kits, but when you are used to it it suddenly has a 'realistic' feel to the drums. The RB kits are just 4 plain pads; playing the hi-hat doesn't feel like the hi-hat at ALL.
I think the only downfall to the WT kit is that the pads( after playing ALOT ) become indented ( This has happened to me twice, on my red pad, tell me if anyone else had the same issue please ). When this happens it feels like your just hitting plastic and not a 'drum', not to mention to ton of double hits...

IMO WT is the way forward as you can get full scoring potential on WT AND RB, unlike if you was using an RB on WT you won't get the 10 extra for the orange note.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Quade92
g0dly  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WT drums are sweet, thats all i can reely say about them. the cymbals are great because you actually feel like you are hitting a hi hat or a ride/crash cymbol when you are playing them instead of just another drum. they took me about 3 days to get used to, but now i can play them on expert and pass pretty much everything. maybe if you are hardcore you want to go for the rb drums, but if that was the case, you would shell out 300 for the ion. ion is the only thing i would get over the WT drums.
memartin91  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last posts, nobody is answering his question.......

The WT drums are harder if you played on RB drums, but that's more "getting used to". And it doesn't really matter if you start with the WT drums.
dore  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the WT kit is easier because the charts don't always convert well to 4 lanes which creates some unorthodox sticking patterns. From my limited time on the WT kit I never had issues with sticking throwing me off, just issues with me sucking from being so accustomed to my RB kit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to say GH:WT is harder, simply because of the up and down movements for the symbols. I play both quite frequently so i know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kingofhearts948
mops  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't spent much time on a RB kit but have played the WT kit extensively for both games. I think it easier to use becuase it feels more like playing drums than just hitting pads. The thing that really winds up confusing me is the implementation/charting of drums on RB. First Yellow is hi-hat then it's blue, then blue is a ride, then blue and yellow are toms. It just doesn't make sense to me. I also hate having to use my yellow cymbal as a tom for RB fills. That is tough. i wish all the RB songs could be re-charted for the 5 lane GHWT kit. That would be a dream come true for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: