ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2-S5-PS2-Week1 Expert Thread: Week1 songs up/Week2 poll up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchy: Yeah...not sure why, I just really dislike it I think it might be the singer's voice, heh.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Timaster  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we post COY charts now? I was super proud of mine (more than a full bar of star power total, all unleashed on the fast comboey parts), but I got lower scores than the AAA league peeps (yes, I realize that's because they're insane, not necessarily even chart-wise, but I want to see if their charts played a role.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timaster wrote:
Can we post COY charts now? I was super proud of mine (more than a full bar of star power total, all unleashed on the fast comboey parts), but I got lower scores than the AAA league peeps (yes, I realize that's because they're insane, not necessarily even chart-wise, but I want to see if their charts played a role.

by all means.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

Alright, I'm not gonna draw it out, but here's what I did:
I hit the first two phrases, and unleashed on the second combo, to miss the phrase there without breaking a streak. Then, the next phrase with whammying, I got. After that, I filled the rest of that bar with whammies, and unleashed during the combo after the crazy part involving OBY. The disadvantage of this path might be that you only cover up one phrase with star power, so you have to break your streak a lot...
EDIT: Hmm, I figured out a slightly better path... Too lazy to explain, since it's the same general idea.
dethklok324  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes, TNB and Last Child! 2 of my favorite songs on the game.
Week 1 and 2 have treated me very well.
eachann  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The COY path that I tried to plan out went like this:

miss the first star phrase (I usually didn't have a combo there anyway becasue I suck at the intro).. then hit the second one whammy as much as I can on it, hit the 3rd one in the first verse chord section and activate and get all those chords at 8x. Then from there I missed all the sp paths but whammied every opportunity and near the end of the song there is a star phrase with two reasonably long sustains... I got that for my 3rd star phrase and whammied it as much as possible and that gave me enough for another SP activation and I then used that star power during the last run of chords.

The problem for me is that I can't combo the little guitar break thing before that run of chords, so I went into the SP activation with no multiplier.

The path I ended up using was to again miss the first sp phrase, then get the next 2 phrases... then skip until the next phrase that had the long sustain on it before the next set of chords and get that one for my 3rd SP and activate for that next stretch of chords... and then finish the song out with no more SP. Since I was able to use all my SP at 8x this way, it gave me a better score even though I believe my first SP path was better if I was better at playing the song.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there was so much hate for RTT, but not surprised at Institutionalized... that song is horrible in every way other than being a bit humorous. I recently 5 starred it for the first time and probably won't play it again until it comes up again in league play

I voted for Surrender (I know it's easy but I like it) and RTT.. and I voted against Institutionalized

Last Child is alright, the only reason I didn't vote for it is that it came up not that long ago in league play and I didn't feel like doing it again so soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxzPCicZv4M
Demonstrating my path for anyone (noone?) that cares.
And I messed up an ungodly amount of times, and activated star power late the second time, but just bear with me.
Jumboshrmp  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchy wrote:
SilverSwift wrote:
I voted for RTT as well, and X-Stream...but I confess that I voted against Inst.

Last Child is arguably my least favourite song in the game to listen to (part of the holy trinity with RL and YWC), so I'm not happy with it. But....ah well.

You're kidding, right? Last Child up there with Lottery and YWC?

If I had to pick a third song to banish into the abyss, it'd probably be...

Well, probably X-Stream.

I'd pick FTK as the third song in the holy trinity of suckage.

But yes, I did vote against Rock This Town...and I think it's kind of funny that it ended up with a negative tally.
I don't hate the song so much as I hate playing it... I just don't like it.

I was actually hoping for Institutionalized though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: week 1 scores Reply with quote

week 1 scores for lanton

Parasite 216046

Trogdor 169810

Crazy on You 295534

Thunderhorse 203437

Poll picks

+ rock this town
+ laid to rest
- war pigs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: