ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Master Expert FC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like "if you want to see them placed accurately, go look at the 3DLC thread!" #shamelessplug
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cdw01, i just noticed some weird stuff in the GHVH breakdown too :P

1. Painkiller is without a doubt harder than Ice Cream Man.

2. ATCWR is harder than Little Guitars, because the hard part in LG is right at the beginning of the song, and the rest of the song isn't really chokable.

3. You Really Got Me is WAY overrated. Everybody say it's hard, but if you know what practice mode is, building a consistent method to hit Verse 2 and Solo A is easy.

4. Hot For Teacher is underrated. The intro and outro alone are enough to put this song at #44, and the rest of the song isn't easy too, thanks to that weird verse/chorus riff.

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
more like "if you want to see them placed accurately, go look at the 3DLC thread!" #shamelessplug
Not even remotely helpful yet. Barely anyone participating so far and no direct comparison to even the other songs in GH3, much less the songs in other games before it.
Shaffx95 wrote:
Hey Cdw01, i just noticed some weird stuff in the GHVH breakdown too :P

They're really close, but agreed.
Shaffx95 wrote:
2. ATCWR is harder than Little Guitars, because the hard part in LG is right at the beginning of the song, and the rest of the song isn't really chokable.
Agreed.
Shaffx95 wrote:
3. You Really Got Me is WAY overrated. Everybody say it's hard, but if you know what practice mode is, building a consistent method to hit Verse 2 and Solo A is easy.
Disagree. It's fast enough where it's very very hard.
Shaffx95 wrote:
4. Hot For Teacher is underrated. The intro and outro alone are enough to put this song at #44, and the rest of the song isn't easy too, thanks to that weird verse/chorus riff.
Agreed.

I hadn't messed with the old Van Halen breakdown's ordering at all until now. Keep pointing out things if you see them.

PiemanLK wrote:
I feel like BatH and Round and Round should be up a little bit, at least higher than Laid to Rest and Freya which aren't THAT hard.
Okay, shifting those two.

Keep the comments and suggestions coming, everyone! They're very useful to me, particularly on the newer games that I'm much less familiar with.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance Dance (GHWoR) is much much much much much underrated. The whole song is a very fast chordfest, just like Dancing Through Sunday. Dance Dance should be around #60.

Also, Ties That Bind is unrankable, because it's the only song in GHWoR with extremely fast strumming. Some people find it really hard, while i think it shouldn't even be top 80, and i heard of a guy who can FC TTB but not Pour Some Sugar on Me

Jellu  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29. Panama WTF?!?! It should be AT LAST around 35. For me it was 43 I guess........... Move it at least to 32! Takedown is one of the very few songs I can FC consistently but Panama solo is just insane

Quote:

1. Painkiller requires A LOT lower skill level than Ice Cream Man. Altrough painkiller can take more grinding. IMO ICM is harder without a doubt
2. Look answer #1^^. IMO Little Guitar intro is so insane it's clearly harder to FC than anything in ATCWR. Again ATCWR is more about grinding and I seem to like grinding so maybe it's just me... anyway you can't even grind LG because your stamina runs out after 2-3 tries.
3. Okay I CAN admit that YRGM MIGHT be easier than HfT for some people (or even most of people) Again it's requires higher skill level but HfT intro/solo/outro are also pretty hard. BUT THERE'S NO WAY YRGM IS EASIER THAN ROMEO DELIGHT!!!
4. I kinda agree

Quote:
40. Hear About It Later - Solo is just INSANE. Fast strumming before and after, lots of weird tap sections after 2nd strum burst

Solo is NOT insane! Strummings are hard but this is WAY easier than Little guitars

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
2. Look answer #1^^. IMO Little Guitar intro is so insane it's clearly harder to FC than anything in ATCWR. Again ATCWR is more about grinding and I seem to like grinding so maybe it's just me... anyway you can't even grind LG because your stamina runs out after 2-3 tries.

I vibe strum half of the LG intro, and i can play it a lot of times before i get tired lol. Actually, i find the LG strumming easier than the HfT outro hahaha

werelord  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH6 list is wow...2112 pt 7 harder then pt 4? Not even close although I'm pretty alone on this matter. I also think Suffocated is extremely underrated and CMTB is extremely overrated, however Bloodlines placement is deserved. Also Tick Tick Boom should be moved up not that hard...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
GH6 list is wow...2112 pt 7 harder then pt 4? Not even close although I'm pretty alone on this matter. I also think Suffocated is extremely underrated and CMTB is extremely overrated, however Bloodlines placement is deserved. Also Tick Tick Boom should be moved up not that hard...
What's wow is how much worse it was before. Data didn't seem as reliable for it, so I can't rely on that as much as usual to clean it up either. However, I can't find enough people at a low enough skill level to really sort out the middle part that doesn't match up with data effectively. 2112 pt 4 and 7 are both overrated according to data, but 4 was shown as harder by a bit. The rest you addressed appear to be around the right spots, though.

Shaffx95 wrote:
Dance Dance (GHWoR) is much much much much much underrated. The whole song is a very fast chordfest, just like Dancing Through Sunday. Dance Dance should be around #60.

Also, Ties That Bind is unrankable, because it's the only song in GHWoR with extremely fast strumming. Some people find it really hard, while i think it shouldn't even be top 80, and i heard of a guy who can FC TTB but not Pour Some Sugar on Me
Dance, Dance looks more like Savior level to me. Data's saying the same. A little underrated, but not that grossly.

Ties That Bind isn't any less rankable than Trogdor (that has regional engine differences on top of it). Going with data and bumping it 2 notches lower, below Speeding and This Day We Fight.
Jellu wrote:
Moved Panama down to 32. That matches up with data, too.

Need more opinions on Painkiller vs. Ice Cream Man. More people have FC'd Painkiller, but a lot more people have entered scores for it as well. Going off raw percentages, it's a tad harder. Comparing charts, it looks slightly harder as well.

Making the bottom portion this:
38. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
39. Hear About It Later
40. Little Guitars
41. And the Cradle Will Rock...
42. Romeo Delight
43. Hot for Teacher
44. You Really Got Me

AtCWR has significant enough separation with Little Guitars to lead me to believe its 16 nps tapping and lengthy chorus strumming put it over Little Guitars nylon solo nonsense.

On the descriptions, none of them are mine for the newer games, but if they need fixing, I definitely can change them. Need people to point things like that out, too. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, Ice Cream Man is WAY harder than Painkiller.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a more convincing argument for Ice Cream Man vs. Painkiller. Painkiller's solo is overall slower and simpler than Ice Cream Man solo zigzag/trips and outro, but it also has those two tempo build-up sections that definitely seem missable and get up to a more comparable speed.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtCWR is definitely overrated. Tapping solo is the only hard part, and you have like, 5 seconds to prepare for the tapping. Definitely easier than Little Guitars, I'd say it's easier than HAIL... I'd put it around 39 at most.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
ace5993  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything in Painkiller even close to the trips in Ice Cream Man.
Cdw01  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
GH:VH   Guitar   You Really Got Me                580   1   Expert   30   354   8.4746
GH:VH   Guitar   Hot For Teacher                  551   1   Expert   34   328   10.3659
GH:VH   Guitar   Romeo Delight                    567   1   Expert   37   302   12.2517
GH:VH   Guitar   And The Cradle Will Rock...      535   1   Expert   44   336   13.0952
GH:VH   Guitar   Little Guitars                   558   1   Expert   60   349   17.192
GH:VH   Guitar   Somebody Get Me A Doctor         573   1   Expert   57   308   18.5065
GH:VH   Guitar   Hear About It Later              550   1   Expert   56   301   18.6047
GH:VH   Guitar   Painkiller                       563   1   Expert   74   395   18.7342
GH:VH   Guitar   Ice Cream Man                    553   1   Expert   65   328   19.8171

Here's the data I have for the currently disputed songs. Data on the low-end is horribly inaccurate in spots, but on the upper end, it actually seems to reflect the opinions I'm seeing. With such a wide separation between Cradle and Little Guitars, I'm inclined to believe the outro strumming + that tapping section outweighs nylon solo right in the beginning, though that one section may be harder than either of the other two on their own.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
38. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
39. Hear About It Later
40. Little Guitars
41. And the Cradle Will Rock...
42. Romeo Delight
43. Hot for Teacher
44. You Really Got Me

^^This looks acceptable for me... IMO LG is harder than ATCWR because I have hit Nylon solo ONLY ONCE in my life. ATCWR is way harder overall but even those ascending trips aren't that bad because, like alexhaz64 said, you have long time to prepare for it. AND I think strumming isn't too bad either, only those ... parts seem to be totally random for me.

But everything else in that list is fine

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
the trips in Ice Cream Man.

cake.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: