ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Unofficial A7X Thread :'(

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EpicPwnager  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: The Unofficial A7X Thread :'( Reply with quote

They are my favorite band, and have been ever since Beast and the Harlot on GH2. Now though, with the tragic passing of The Rev, the band will obviously never be the same, and I'm not sure if they should replace him or not - it just wouldn't be the same. Now.....DISCUSS THINGS.
TheJackpotter  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I only know 4 A7X songs, but they're still badass, nonetheless! Anyway, I'm sure MTV won't even care on putting some of their songs on air, bunch of bastards!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question. Something that bugs me, actually.

Why does every thread have to be "The Official" or "The Unofficial"? It's not official unless it's started by the band themselves or their representatives, which none of them are unless it's an unsigned band featuring a member of the forum. As a result, everything is unofficial. When everything is unofficial, it's redundant to say so. Also, it's redundant to include the word 'thread' because... well, what else could it be?

...can't threads just be titled "(band) Discussion" or something similarly simple?

Surely I'm not the only one who's irritated by this.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
EpicPwnager  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you actually probably are. And if not a thread, it could be a string. There ya go.

And I would hope there would atleast be like a little memorial thing on MTV or VH1 or whatever, and if not that the Rev definately deserves a spot on GuitarWorld (hey, he's a drummer, but it counts.)
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EpicPwnager wrote:
Yes, you actually probably are. And if not a thread, it could be a string. There ya go.

No, he's not the only one irritated as I am irritated by it as well, Epic. I also saw a mod post just the other day that said the exact same thing as captain. He's not the only one.

footballtom3685 wrote:
Also, don't put Official in the thread title. Your thread is not official unless we say so. Personally I'd rather not see "un-official" either but it's fine if you want it there. Having thread in the tile is a bit redundant too, since it's obviously a thread, but I'm mainly concerned with the use of "official".
Xcalibr  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can't replace The Rev. Even if A7X got someone else to go in his place, The Rev is and always will be The Rev. He was the only drummer I knew by name (or title, nickname, etc.) He will be missed, he was one of the greatest drummers ever.
R.I.P. Rev
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, same deal as the Green Day Thread. Until you have something to discuss about the band other than "yeah I like them" or something that's already got a thread on both sides of the site (and another that failed, thanks EpicPwnager!), there is no need for this thread.

Again, posting a thread about a band with something to actually discuss, like a recent or upcoming release for instance (although that is obviously not the only criteria), is fine. Posting a thread about a band with nothing to discuss, or in this case nothing to discuss other than what we already have threads about, is not ok. If you want to say "A7X is my favorite band" feel free to do it in the "Favorite Bands" thread.

And yes, the use of unofficial and thread bugs me as well, I know there are plenty of others who agree with me and thecaptainof.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: