Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jellu: BatH FC #63/205/646
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hard FC #659 was Misirlou, and the first FC score was uploaded on April 22nd, 2012. Now, not even a decade later, here it is. Trogdor Hard FC! 2 solo FCs in practice, and an Expert FC before this, sure this was coming. But still very happy with it. The score is solid, too. Global 4th place.

Jordan news:
Solo B FC 5 (five) times in a row!
Solo C FC 3 (three) times in a row!
Solo B+C FC once!

However, I have only FCd Bridge 3 times ever. Luckily Solo F seems pretty easy. But I will need to seriously work on that before going for full song.

Additionally, new PB in BB Solo 1b: -4 and 4x at the end. Feels very difficult but maybe easier than BatM.

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Flewer  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the HFSFC ! This is very impressive, a great way to start 2022 !
Also some very solid improvements on X !
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time! After getting the X FC I think we all knew that H was coming soon, but glad to see you finally finish it off. Any plans to add to it with BH/GHL?

Also crazy progress on Jordan, looks like 650 FCs is becoming more and more of a real possibility :O
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
CyanCrayon86948  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A Hard Guitar FSFC is incredible!

Very excited to see more Jordan progress, that could happen pretty soon o_o
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratz on Trogdor FC !

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this was unexpected. Haven't played at all in many moons and when I woke up today I still had no idea I was even going to play. Score was +6k so pretty much what I expected (I activate about a beat early in the sustain before D). I had one "choke" due to guitar malfunction like years ago, so I always considered this to be by far the easiest song I had left. Never bothered to learn to use hopos, the solo is early enough in the song that I can treat it like Trogdor: strum fast and hope for the best.

I guess it's time to update what I was up to before taking a long break (not because I dislike GH or anything, just too busy all the time). I was grinding Jordan and SD and I would like to list my road to 650 FCs (as if it's ever going to happen):

1. Jordan. Now that I have a working guitar for PS2 I have really realized why GH2 is generally considered the 3rd easiest FGFC in the series. I am pretty good at Solo B (consecutive FCs on real runs are common) and Solo C is also relatively easy outside C2 (the strumming). I have so far 3 (?) chokes in Solo F, at different points. I tried this a bit today, but unfortunately this requires a warm-up day. Pretty fun and probably the most likely one I will seriously go for to get that elusive FGFC #3.

2. Sudden Death. The way I see it, GH main series has 11 really difficult songs (refer to the master FC breakdown list), then a pretty big gap, then Sudden Death and Jordan, and then another gap. Although I had delusions of SD FC like a decade ago, after some serious grinding I would rank this just above Jordan in difficulty. Verse 2 has never been too hard, I have maybe 50% success rate in Solo A (with the difficult part changing each time I grind) and then Solo B as the real difficult part. So far I have 2 Solo C chokes, one in the very beginning (literally forgot how to play the game after hitting the end of Solo B) and one in the descending trips, which is the last hard part of the song. Also looks like the first PS3 FC is still up for grabs. Requires much more warm-up than Jordan and the guitar is showing some signs of breaking, but it would be really nice to get at least one of these two.

3. Decontrol. The post strumming solo is a really difficult parttern for me to strum, have only FCd it a handful of times. Also just fast enough that it's difficult to play as gallops. Maybe I'll get lucky one day and FC the last "easy" song I have left.

4. Satch Boogie. The easiest of the hard songs for me. One choke in Solo E (have since found a new method and hit it 30+ times in a row). Whenever I practice Solo D, I have the rest of the song there just to practice it under some pressure. Around 50% success rate in FCing the rest after hitting D. Haven't counted but I have roughly 5 Solo D - Outro FCs.

I guess it could be interesting to work on one of the big three in WoR and eventually FC, but that just seems to require way too much time that I don't have.

Hopefully this wasn't the last step in my GH journey.

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Definitely seems a bit overdue, but only because I can imagine getting it myself while nowhere close to anything else.
A GH2 FGFC would be an awesome milestone, and definitely something good to end on, if you feel like you're maxing out/don't have the time to commit to more.

650 would be wonderful though

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time! Welcome to the 646 club lol. Also, glad I'm not the only one who strummed through solo D for the FC haha. Probably only possible on PAL but an FC's an FC!

Your path to 650 FCs seems pretty reasonable- you are a lot closer to the remaining songs than I am, that's for sure. Anyone who has a post-solo C choke on Jordan, post-solo B choke on SD, and multiple solo D+F FCs of Satch should definitely have all three FCs!

I definitely think you should revisit Decontrol, as it is by far the easiest song you have left. If you haven't tried already, I recommend setting up GH1 practice mode as that would likely help. Might help with BatM too :p

Another possible FC could be BWoLP- obviously your brother already got this one but I'm starting to look at it as a serious contender as well. Nothing in the song is THAT hard, it's just about building consistency. And with someone of your skill level, I have no doubt you could pull it off
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD