Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH2 "Not-so-sightread" rivalry
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: The GH2 "Not-so-sightread" rivalry Reply with quote

After enough people were interested in the GH3 version, I got some requests to do a second one and many people wanted GH2.

The rules are just like the other sightread rivalries, except (I'm assuming) everyone has played all of the songs countless times before. However, I imagine many of you haven't played a majority of these songs in a long time. To keep things more fun, I don't want anyone to look up paths right before they play the songs. If you've memorized a bunch of paths, don't worry, go ahead and use them; however, to keep the mood of a "sightread" it's better to not look up paths. In a way, it's similar to everyone PFOing each other at one time for each song.

Rules:
1) Play all 64(74) songs in GH2 one time and record your score.
2) Don't look up paths for songs and just guess at the path like you would your first try (unless you happen to have it memorized *cough*Jordan*cough*)
3) The person who gets the most points wins!
3a) I'd also like people to keep track of their FC counts, and I figure there could be an additional rivalry for FC counts. (I will include separate tracking for 100% overstrums this time)
3b) The person who has the most wins on individual songs will also be acknowledged at the end.
4) You can go at your own pace, scores are due whenever, but try to get it done within a month or so.
5) When entering, please note which system you are playing on, as it actually matters a bit in this game. I'll look at how SH adjusts the scores between systems and follow accordingly
5a) For this rivalry, I'm not requiring the Xbox360 exclusive songs, but I will include them at the end for the people who do want to.

Note: This came up a bit in the last rivalry... If you happen to fail a song (in this game, most likely Jordan), you may record your first passing score. Do as you wish, but to make it more fun I ask that you don't abuse this and purposefully fail a song to get a better score/FC. This includes trying to get through the solo with less Star Power in order to obtain a higher score.
Missing due to outside influence/hardware problems are excuses to restart, but again, this rivalry is more for fun so don't focus too hard on being perfect.

For score entering, I made an excel spreadsheet template on google docs, and will send a personal one for each participant via PM.

Active participants:
PiemanLK (Xbox 360)
Chaosxreigns
TheThirdDay

Eddaket (PS2)
SlashermanEXE

Completed:
Code:
     Adjusted Score:
Psxfreak101:      ~20,036,678
Alexhaz64:        ~19,400,141
JohnnyGrey:        18,917,589
Inv4der:           18,316,706
TQSG:              17,309,216
GregoryZero:       16,605,729
     Score with 360 Exclusives:
Psxfreak101:  ~22,722,400
Alexhaz64:    ~22,086,595
JohnnyGrey:    21,598,042
Inv4der:       20,970,327
GregoryZero:   18,955,279
     FCs (without/with exclusives)
Psxfreak101:     23/25
Alexhaz64:       20/21
JohnnyGrey:      13/15
Inv4der:         11/14
TQSG:             8/8
GregoryZero:      6/6
     FCs + 100% Overstrums (without/with exclusives)
Psxfreak101:    24/26
Alexhaz64:      23/25
JohnnyGrey:     14/16
Inv4der:        12/15
TQSG:            8/8
GregoryZero:     6/6

Click the duck to see the current standings

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there good sir. Please to be signing me up, thank you. Whee.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely up for this. I need to get a new copy of GH2, which I'll do to ought if GameStop has it.
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throw me in. i'll play on PS2, but I'll do the xbox 360 exclusives

and i'll probably end up doing it all in one sitting like gh3, but this one shouldn't be as bad >.>

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No can do, don't have gh2.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
throw me in. i'll play on PS2, but I'll do the xbox 360 exclusives
Yeah, I think I'll be doing the xbox exclusives after I've run through all 64 songs on the PS2. Figured I should probably point out as such too heh.

I've played Shout and Mother so far this morning and missed all of once in both (last trill in Shout, silly mistake in 2D in Mother). It's interesting though. Haven't played either song in years for score, and yet I pretty much still remembered the general vicinity of the activations. It'll be fun to see how many paths I manage to actually remember. I don't think it'll be many outside of the real toughies >_>

Prediction for FCs? I'd reckon I'll be happy if I manage 20 to be honest. I'll find plenty of notes to plink

EDIT: 2 tiers in... scratch that 20. I'll be happy if I make double figures at this point. I've missed once and only once in every single song thus far, except TIGRYT which I missed in twice, and HSB which I FCed. Still, this is fun playing through my favourite GH for the first time in yonks!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking, with the 360 exclusives 20 shouldn't be too bad. I did miss a few of the easier bonus songs (Elephant bones, Laughtrack, Collide), but I got at least one that I didn't really expect to get, so who knows.

I've been very inconsistent with my skill level so far, so we'll see... I might nail a few toughies but miss a bunch of loleasy ones :P.

Quote:
Still, this is fun playing through my favourite GH for the first time in yonks!

Couldn't agree more

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LAUGH AT MY MISIRLOU SCORE.

Ahem. Now that that's over...

I'll be lucky if I get five FCs lol. I did get a -2 on FoP and -3 on PBFO. I've only done hardish songs, but no FCs yet.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, finished the main setlist, and I think I'm spent for the day. 11 FCs, best one being Stop. 14 other songs I missed only once in the first 7 tiers, but I think I've set the bar pretty high on tier 8. BatH was actually pretty shocking, but -4 in the last 4 notes of 3E in Inst (sooooo close to rereFCing it...), -3 in dumb misses in Misirlou in Verse 2 and Outro, only 3 misses in H18 in 4A (somewhere dumb before the activation point), 4B overstrum, and 9, and a -8 in the transition in J on Free Bird (score could've been better had it not been for an overlap in I).

I'm thinking my original guess of 20 looks somewhat likely now given what's sitting in bonus songs. Would've been nice to knock off something in tier 8, but oh well. I'll leave that to other people :p

On second thought, I think I might as well continue while I'm in the mood.

EDIT: And done. Just broke 20 million, and ended up with 23 FCs. Managed to miss 2 notes in Radium Eyes because I looked away at the SDA marathon momentarily, but at the same time I managed to FC Raw Dog, FTK and Push Push. Missed once in Fall of Pangea (in verse 2 whoops), Less Talk More Rokk (about 300 notes from the end), Arterial Black (in the outro woo!) and Thunderhorse. I missed the Six solo for the first time in a LONG time, and was dreadful at Troggy, making me wonder how I ever FCed it in the first place. I did however managed to FC C1 in Jordan which was nice and is prompting me to maybe muck around with it some more in the very near future. The rest of the Jordan run was atrocious though, considering a) SP went off in B because I'm a moron, and b) couldn't even get started on the tapping for B. In the end, I quite enjoyed it

I may do the 360 exclusives. Won't be tonight though.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get in on this I suppose. (I don't even own a PS2 so it should be pretty easy to guess the version I'll be playing.)

I have barely even played GH2, just enough for the achievements and such so doing the game again should be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i have my spreadsheet pleeease?

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow managed to FC CoWS, Jessica, and SCoM o.O Unfortunately unless I get a new disc at some point, I won't be able to play a good chunk of the songs due to random freezing during the song or worse, the game freezing after selecting certain songs. I'll do every song I can though.

Feel free to laugh at my Jordan score though, it seems like we all have one of those songs
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go ahead an join as well on the 360. I really suck at GH2, so this should be fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tentatively join, depends on whether i'll want to play through the game/whether i'll have time during the last two weeks of school. (360)

I'm god awful at gh2, so should be entertaining
NU Grad 2015
TQSG  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, why not! Haven't played GH2 in a good couple of years. I'll be joining on the PS2.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: