ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Why the heck cant I whammy on the new school games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Why the heck cant I whammy on the new school games? Reply with quote

I can squeeze and early whammy just fine on the Harmonix era games. But I can't even get 0% squeeze scores on gh5 on easy because I never get full whammy. No matter how early or fast I do it, there's always a split second into the sustain where it doesn't turn blue and it's really freaking frustrating. I know it's not my guitar or lag or anything. Am I missing something? This is my first time trying to squeeze an Activision game.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a slight delay in some of the new school games when it comes to whammy. It helps to early whammy on GH:Van Halen, but not sure on the other ones.

I honestly don't think you're missing any tricks or anything like that, but on GH5, any first place scores I've had in the past or currently have now are all from normal whammying so not especially early or anything like you would on the first couple of games in the series. Maybe you're not whammying fast enough? On GH1 and alike you could whammy slow and still get SP I think, but I find you have to whammy fast on GH5 to get all of it or decent squeezes as a result of it.

Basically, I don't think there are any tips. Just persevere and whammy as hard/fast as you can and hopefully you can get some decent scores.

EDIT - it may be worth seeing if you can get the first whammy activation on In My Place expert bass... that's barely 8 measures worth of whammy so you have to whammy quite hard in order to get it. If you can get that, then there should be no reason you can't also get other whammy/squeezes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that, post-HMX, if you have a series of sustains that go right after the other (eg. a sustain straight to a sustain, like in, say, MoP HGuitar's prechorus), you will be very hard-pressed to get all the whammy out of both sustains because of how little time you have between each one, even though the length of the sustain will give the exact same amount of whammy no matter what.

If you want the most whammy possible, you need to hit the first sustain as early as possible (and you should be able to tell because there'll be a big gap at the end denoting how early you hit it in most of the games), and try to hit the others as early as you possible can while getting as much whammy from the ones before it as possible. Yes, that is as difficult as it sounds, especially if it's a bunch of them in a row.

I think there are also a couple of things regarding extended sustains, but that's more of a glitch to get more than it is a problem of not getting enough.

Chriss, I don't think whammy speed has a whole lot to do with it, beyond the fact that you whammy fast enough that the sustain stays blue the entire time. If you ever see the sustain turn to it's regular color for a brief moment, that's more on you than the game for slowing down.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

change your guitar. profit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
change your guitar. profit.

Lol the reason I said I know it's not my guitar is because the les Paul I'm using early whammies just fine on gh2. May I ask what kind of guitar you use? My local used game store has a lot of cheap guitars I'm willing to pick up.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP was the worst for me. WTar did a really good job, but the 5Tar and the WoRtar are simply the best.

How do I know ? GH5 whammy challenged simply couldnt be done without a 5tar/WoRtar for me. Maybe I had a wrong LP/WTar tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: