Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Sluggo plays Rock Band
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sluggo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Sluggo plays Rock Band Reply with quote

I've been dying to talk about this for about a month now, and the embargo finally lifted -- my hands-on time with Rock Band.

Sometime in the next few days, I'm going to add some bits to this post about my playtime that might be a little too granular for a general preview, but would be of interest to the Scorehero crowd. For now, though, all I have to say is: start saving your money. It's Guitar Hero + Drum Hero + Karaoke Revolution + Band Hero = awesome. I can't wait to see what kind of Scorehero supergroups spring up when it's released.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna own so many plastic guitars by the time this is all over

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_o Can I have your job? Please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch sluggo be #1 on all the leader boards for the first 6 months after the game ships.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 hours, more likely.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like its finally time for me to break down and get a 360. I know the Wii won't have any kind of online stuff like that, not with only 512mb in the system.

With that, looks like by the end of the year, I'm going to own two new gen consoles, wii and 360.
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a new job!!! LOL
Really though, that looks good! I wish I had a next-gen system!!!
All well...guess I get GH3 to look forward to!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG dude you must've been so happy to have been able to test this! Even with school starting again in August, 4th Quarter '07 can't come SOON ENOUGH!!!! I'm sooo excited! ^_^
vlasic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to this, I already have a few friends that are interested in making a group. I just recently started playing bass (partly because of GH and not to mention the fact that I've wanted to learn guitar for a while) and that seems like the part for me with the 6x multiplier and my love of the lower-octave instruments.

Above all, the guitar controller looks amazing. Not only does it look almost realistic, the "tapping" buttons near the base of the neck will make songs easy for those who can master it. If only Hellashes had one of those right now.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deaths Wr4th PSN Name: DeathsWrath
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...the guy we had playing drums was so awful that I was actually relieved when he failed and the drum track dropped out altogether -- it's incredibly hard to get into the rhythm of a song when there's someone sitting two feet away thwacking the drum pads like a four-year-old on a sugar rush.

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean! *shudders at so many percussionists I had to deal with in high school*

Great preview though!

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
trogdor5759  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow your so lucky you got 2 play this game i cant wait till it comes out. i gotta start saving some shiny pennies tho i heard its gonna be about 300$
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sluggo, you probably are the most envied person on the forums.

One question though. The songs that you played were just as hard as the ones in Guitar Hero right? (Obviously I mean when you played Lead or Bass parts )

PotatoHandle  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Sluggo plays Rock Band Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
I've been dying to talk about this for about a month now, and the embargo finally lifted -- my hands-on time with Rock Band.

Sometime in the next few days, I'm going to add some bits to this post about my playtime that might be a little too granular for a general preview, but would be of interest to the Scorehero crowd. For now, though, all I have to say is: start saving your money. It's Guitar Hero + Drum Hero + Karaoke Revolution + Band Hero = awesome. I can't wait to see what kind of Scorehero supergroups spring up when it's released.
Spiffy review, it's great to hear that being a drummer helps out, with the drum tracks, it could very well be a handy (and above all quiet) way to get into playing for real again. (No room for my real kit these days )

It's good to know that the only part that I'll be really bad at is the singing.

How adjustable were the pads, as far as height and tilt go? I have my kit pretty crammed in, so I reckon the pads might actually feel pretty natural to me, but by the same token, I'm pretty picky about where things are.
Quote:
o_o Can I have your job? Please?
QFT.

In the Canberra area? PM me and we'll try and organise a get-together for a few games.

My Youtube Channel. - Random gameplay videos of all sorts, including some RB2 and GH3 customs, and some other random Jazz.

PotatoHandle: Getting things done quickly, no matter how long it takes.
Jondoe  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are double kick patterns going to work on rock band? I can do triples on single foot, so i figure that might help me out, but anyone know?

Sluggo grats on your awesome job.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to ask Harmomix that Wednesday.

Btw, Rock Band was the first game Microsoft showed at their press conference Tuesday night. Peter Moore played bass as three other Harmonix folks filled out the rest of the band on The Hives' "Main Offender" (including Alex Rigopulos on drums).

I should have more hands-on from Rock Band sometime Wednesday. I can't wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: