ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pathing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Pathing... Reply with quote

Okay, I'm trying to think this through in my head but I came to the conclusion that I have no idea, Ok I know if you Activate SP right before a Phrase ends you get that whole phrase 2x... But it kind of sucks as well because that means if you sing a whole entire phrase perfectly and activate before the phrase ends that means you won't get your 1/4 SP boost because you don't earn while you burn in WT... So basically what I'm trying to figure out is when is the best time to activate should I just always wait for a full bar of star power... I know the obvious times to activate when there are a lot of phrases... but I'm more interested if It's worse to Activate before a phrase so you don't get SP but the 2x or is it better to let the phrase complete get the 1/4 of SP then activate?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hylian seems to think the best time to activate is directly AFTER you finish a phrase.

but I digress

¯\(°_o)/¯
AdamTL7  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually wait till my Star Power meter is full to activate because you don't gain star power under star power.

And I usually activate right before the words come.

^Thanks to MSH-Hitman for this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Luptak Attack
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the scoring, I'd say the best bet would be to wait until you've got a concentrated group of phrases, then activate immediately before the end of the previous phrase. This should maximize phrases under OD since you're not wasting OD on long phrases to rack it up when you do short ones.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbillkickoff wrote:
Given the scoring, I'd say the best bet would be to wait until you've got a concentrated group of phrases, then activate immediately before the end of the previous phrase. This should maximize phrases under OD since you're not wasting OD on long phrases to rack it up when you do short ones.

Is more what I was trying to say, toy. Since you don't get graded on individual bits of the phrase, it's much better to just wait until the last little bit of a phrase and activate so it starts right as the phrase ends. You'll get that phrase under and, more than likely, squeeze a similar phrase out of the last activation.

But...if there's a long freestyle section, just save it for the end of that. Trust me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok ahaha Now I get it =)
killerjames1313  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with hylian. activating at the end of a long freestyle is win.
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathing is going to be extremely difficult for this game because of something I noticed today. You don't always get the same amount of starpower from each phrase. I noticed that the easy phrases which I get 100% on gave me the same SP as a normal guitar SP section (half of what you need to activate it). If I didn't do as well, I got less SP - even if I kept my multiplier.

In other words, I think the SP per phrase is based on your percentage, and we all know how difficult it is to be consistent on that in GHWT.
think13  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcphantom wrote:
Pathing is going to be extremely difficult for this game because of something I noticed today. You don't always get the same amount of starpower from each phrase. I noticed that the easy phrases which I get 100% on gave me the same SP as a normal guitar SP section (half of what you need to activate it). If I didn't do as well, I got less SP - even if I kept my multiplier.

In other words, I think the SP per phrase is based on your percentage, and we all know how difficult it is to be consistent on that in GHWT.

This is true. If you get 90% or more of the phrase, you get the same as a guitar SP phrase. If you get 80-90%, you get a lot less. Below 80, you get no SP at all.

But I'm pretty sure you get the same amount of star power for, say, 91% and 100%. So I don't think this will complicate pathing, you just assume that the singer got in the 90+% range.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two other things (bugs?) to be wary of when pathing:
1) You usually get the SP & flash when completing the last blue section of a phrase...though for no apparently reason, some phrases you don't, and instead you get flash+SP once you reach the phrase bar thing. I noticed this once today - can't recall which song, but it was the phrase before a FF section, shall keep an eye out for it in the future.

2) Some phrases you get the flash+SP even when there's no new-phrase-bar-indicator-thing. Not sure why some are left off (often in the middle of longer phrases, no surprise), but these are also annoying combo-breakers.

PS3 GHWT player - PSN = sql_lall
Don't tell me to Learn-to-Play-a-Real-Guitar!
FurryCheeseCake  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squall1729 wrote:
Two other things (bugs?) to be wary of when pathing:
1) You usually get the SP & flash when completing the last blue section of a phrase...though for no apparently reason, some phrases you don't, and instead you get flash+SP once you reach the phrase bar thing. I noticed this once today - can't recall which song, but it was the phrase before a FF section, shall keep an eye out for it in the future.

2) Some phrases you get the flash+SP even when there's no new-phrase-bar-indicator-thing. Not sure why some are left off (often in the middle of longer phrases, no surprise), but these are also annoying combo-breakers.

Yeah I noticed this as well... the one before the FF in beat it is one...
and there are a couple of those phrases in BYOB I think...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: