ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Regarding the insane difficulty on the "Mike Checka" achvmnt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedTsunami  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Regarding the insane difficulty on the "Mike Checka&quo Reply with quote

Um, HOW are we supposed to be able to get this? I full comboed Beat It on medium, with good use of SP and STILL only got about 80K! On Rock Band, I was able to break high scores in expert. I don't know what the deal is with THIS system, but it just seems way too finicky to me...

I've tried it on expert too...I can only seem to keep a combo (and SP) on the chorus of the song... I end up getting about 80K this way too. for some reason, I can't keep it together on the verse, even though I'm hitting the pitch identically in real life.

So? Any tips?

You're sick.
1. [] 5* TtFatF (only 4* so far)
2. [X] Beat expert drums before kick pedal breaks.
3. [X] Beat expert 5* guitar (Nov 3rd, 2007)
4. X[] Get sigged (WOOT! [damn, I missed])
SIG COUNT: 3 times! <o_0<
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the song off the top of my head, but is there a freeform? If so, try moving up a difficulty. You'll get many more points.

In fact, just meet your difficulty issue in the middle now & try moving up to hard and see if you can beat it (uggh, no pun intended). Remember to try to squeeze phrases as best as you can...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have around 190k on this on Expert with an FC... I love this song, so I knew it front and back before the game came out... but try to learn the free forms, use sp where you know you can keep a streak... go down an octave at the "Hee hee" part use sp on the freeform at the break.

and also set your lag calibration to about 30-40ms+ for video even if you usually don't play with it, for some reason it helps a lot with vocals, considering there is a lag that occurs with the audio and the vocals highway.. try moving up to hard as well...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Megaman703  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that the "No one wants to be defeated" part is the same pitch as the "Beat it, beat it" part right before, even though it sounds like something else. Sing (or hum) flat at that part, and you'll get it easily.

The key here is maintaining combo into the vocal sections. Make sure you can in practise, and you should be able to get it easily enough.
manoftark  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolz, Mike Checka is easy. Just be glad there were no point related achievements on songs like L'Via Viaquez, Purple Haze, and The Wind Cries Mary.Try setting your lag calibration to 20+ and see if it helps. Some people have problems with regular lag.

Eruption FC - GH:VH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: