ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
My WT drum kit has gone crazy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Namu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: My WT drum kit has gone crazy Reply with quote

OK, so I just recently bought the complete WT band set. Mainly because I wanted to play drums in GH/RB since I didn't have any drum kit yet. The first week or so I nearly spent all my time drumming in WT, didn't notice any significant problems aside from my own mistakes and bad playing, other than that, I found that the drum kit was working fine.

Now about a few days ago I moved from medium to hard drumming and since then I've started encountering some problems that really hinder my gameplay experience and I don't believe the reason for them is my own inability to play on hard.

In RB for example, my WT drum kit does exactly what I want, it's as responsive as can be, and I can easily 5 star most hard songs and already a few expert songs as well. In GH WT, this isn't the case. I noticed that the orange drum pad seems to register my hits slightly less accurate, meaning I have to hit it harder and at a more precise spot on the cymbal for it to register. Also, I seem to constantly mess up my note streak for reasons that are unknown to me. It's not that I don't hit the notes on time, it seems that my drum kit registers hits that I haven't done myself. Like it registers another extra hit right after I hit it. This seems to happen the most with the red pad and orange cymbal, especially when I have to hit them at the same time.

Any thoughts or maybe helpful repairing advice on this? Drummers here who've had similar experiences?

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this thread on the GH forum:
http://community.guitarhero.com/forums/55708/forum_topics/131841

It sounds like you are having common sensitivity issues. If you follow the instructions in the link above Red Octane will send you a USB-MIDI interface cord which will allow you to adjust the sensitivity of each pad from a computer. I recommend getting it since it is free anyway. My drums are fine and I still ordered the cable so I will have it should they ever give me problems in the future. They should have just included the cable when you buy the drums in the first place but I guess they thought they could get away without it...
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had so many problems with my drums it's ridiculous. My drums even had crosstalk while not being sensitive enough. I finally got fed up and called RedOctane today and I'm being sent a new drum kit in the mail. Try that if the tuning kit doesn't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABee1010 wrote:
Check out this thread on the GH forum:
http://community.guitarhero.com/forums/55708/forum_topics/131841

It sounds like you are having common sensitivity issues. If you follow the instructions in the link above Red Octane will send you a USB-MIDI interface cord which will allow you to adjust the sensitivity of each pad from a computer. I recommend getting it since it is free anyway. My drums are fine and I still ordered the cable so I will have it should they ever give me problems in the future. They should have just included the cable when you buy the drums in the first place but I guess they thought they could get away without it...

I'll have a look at it, thanks. But I live in Europe, you think Red Octane will have it shipped over here also?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just ordered it and I already also downloaded and installed the tuning program. Hopefully that cable will be here soon. Thanks for all the help.

EskimoTrousers wrote:
DocMenac  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the USB-MIDI cable and tuning problem will most likely fix your issues. They really should have included it in the box instead of having to ask for it specially.
Namu  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it seems I have a new problem now. MIDI cable just arrived in the mail today, tried it immediately, I have the drum tuning kit software installed, but when I connect my drum controller to my laptop the tuning program doesn't seem to recognize my drum controller... 'USB Audio Device' doesn't appear in the drop down menu like the manual says it should do. What do I do now...?

EskimoTrousers wrote:
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, I have heard complaints of that problem but it worked for me. If possible, I would try it on another computer. You could also check through the 'Periphreal Support' thread on the GH community forum. Alot more people post there than here and you should be able to find a disucssion about problems with the MIDI-USB cable...
buckethead1992  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure but have you changed the batteries lately?when my batteries get low,notes just randomly stop registering...even though im hitting the correct pad.
GH:WT Expert Drums:
FC's:12
100% w/no FC:9
X drums overall career score:
ps2-1st
all sytems-9th(for now)
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namu wrote:
OK, it seems I have a new problem now. MIDI cable just arrived in the mail today, tried it immediately, I have the drum tuning kit software installed, but when I connect my drum controller to my laptop the tuning program doesn't seem to recognize my drum controller... 'USB Audio Device' doesn't appear in the drop down menu like the manual says it should do. What do I do now...?

BAM

That should fix your problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been pretty lucky haven't had tht many problems with my WT kit my kick pedal was double hitting but i got tht fixed and the most horrible of all my kit sometimes turns itself off halfway through the song!
XDeath66  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: The glue!!!! Reply with quote

underneath the cymbals, red octane uses shittly rubber glue that dampens a lot of vibrations to the sensor (called a piezo). after some time, all the banging, especially hard banging, will cause the glue to losen to the underside of the cymbal with no support holding it up.

if you wanna take a risk and void the warranty, try taking out the 4 screws under the cymbal, use a knife and peel the sensor out, and reglue with some cement or epoxy. it works wonders on my yellow cymbal

the same will happen with the red drum first cause its the most used drum (u would have to take apart the entire case to see the drum sensors)

my advise would be, if u have the warranty, send it back and get a new cymbal if thats all that f-ing up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: