ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT Drums vs Real Drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjalle89  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: GHWT Drums vs Real Drums Reply with quote

Anyone who can tell if it would help at all if you are awesome at drums before you play the game, or if it doesn't matter at all like the guitar/bass part in GH?
I think the drums seem a little more realistic and i guess a few of the tecniques is the same for real as the plastic shit. Ofcourse there's alot more to keep track on in real drums, but still, can real life skills with drums be any advantage on the plastic?
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely. Drum rolls, stamina, and quick bass pedal techniques come to mind first. Along with any other drumming technique you've learned throughout your life. However, this game is 50% mental. So you may physically be able to do most things in the game, but that doesn't mean your mind can tell your limbs what to do at the right times. The mental part just comes in time, though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing drums for 10 years. It definatelly directly leads to skill in the game just like playing real guitar does. There is an adjustment period of a week or 2 to program your brain to think of your drum pieces as colors. After that, I was quickly able to do everything I can do in real life in the game. Now I am able to use the game to work through the remainder of the techniques and patterns that I still struggle with in real life...
TheDom  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the guys above said, give your brain a while to work everything out and you'll see a lot of similarities with real life and you should start off pretty good.
tjalle89  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABee1010 wrote:
It definatelly directly leads to skill in the game just like playing real guitar does.

Can agree with the easier learning on drums, but not on the guitar.
Drums you got 5 spots to hit and real life is from 4-20 so could be a little realistic. Looking a the guitar with 1 strumbar and 5 bottens compared to 6strings(strumbars if compared) and 24+frets can't be compared at ALL :p
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Your point actually reinforces mine. Because playing GH is so much easier than real guitar, it is easier to pick up GH if you have experience playing a real guitar. I can assure you that is true. I was not trying to say that playing GH will teach you how to play guitar by any strech of the imagination...
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjalle89 wrote:
ABee1010 wrote:
It definatelly directly leads to skill in the game just like playing real guitar does.

Can agree with the easier learning on drums, but not on the guitar.
Drums you got 5 spots to hit and real life is from 4-20 so could be a little realistic. Looking a the guitar with 1 strumbar and 5 bottens compared to 6strings(strumbars if compared) and 24+frets can't be compared at ALL :p

The only things that real drums help on is stamina (arms and foot),and rolls. Real guitar helps with wrist stamina (on both arms) and trills. I'd say they help about the same when it comes to GH.

3926 0220 0199 1364
Nazza  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, what about limb independance? Real drumming teaches you limb independence and it transfers over to the plastic kit.

I used to play the drums shitloads in real life, took a break for a few years and started on gh/rb. I jumped straight into expert. I only wanted to play what was being played on the track, no sub par beats for me.
At first i would play the beat that i was hearing because my brain couldnt cope with the assigning of the colours to drum pads but after a few days of noticing what gem patterns relate to what in real life i was caning it.

Playing drums in real life definitely helps with drumming on gh/rb. Theres so much that transfers over, limb independence being the major factor.
I cant say the same for guitar though. A few of my mates who play/used to play guitar used to really struggle on GH. They just couldnt grasp the controller.[/b]
Subrick  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
However, this game is 50% mental.

"90% of the fight game is half mental"- Tim Sylvia

On topic: It adds a whole hell of a lot. Knowing your way around a real kit will help you when banging on a large piece of plastic.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: