ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Just a question about progress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Just a question about progress. Reply with quote

I've been playing drums on WT since about a week after it came out. I have no prior experience on drums and I just scored 800k on Pull Me Under on expert. Would you say I'm making average progress or above average progress?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing plastic drums for one year plus and only have 745k on PMU. So I'm sure that means you're doing fine. That said, one score on one song is a little too small of a sample. Can you do this all the time? Was it a miracle run? Do you play this song a lot more than others? What do the rest of your scores look like? Have you 5-starred the setlist? etc. etc. etc.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's see.. I play PMU maybe slightly more than some other songs, but I don't play it a lot. I just finally figured out a decent SP path. (Are you playing on a WT kit or an RB kit? Our 50k score difference could be attributed to the orange notes on my chart, especially since two of my activations are during heavy crash usage sections) I've 5 starred everything except Vicarious and Hot for Teacher. I don't remember my scores but I do remember I've gotten a 2.4 and 2.75 average multipliers on them, respectively. Oh and I haven't 5 starred Hollywood Nights, because it's awkward for me and I hate playing it. The only other notable accomplishment I have is an FC of Feel The Pain. I'm also very close to FCing Misery Business. I'd like to think I'm making decent progress, especially since I want to get on the same level I'm at on guitar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your current progress reads almost exactly like mine, down to the last two 5-stars (though I have 5-starred Hollywood Nights, but it's feast or famine - I have almost 600k on it, but if I'm fatigued or otherwise unable to play the main pattern, I may get half that score). I'm on the WT kit, and I think the problem I have with PMU is I haven't really had that run where it all comes together. Misery Business was like that for a long time too, until finally the other day I had a -4 with all Star Power.

So yeah, you seem to be quite natural at this.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang I didn't know 600k was possible on that song. I've only played the entire song once on the hard career though. Every time I've started to play it since I just get annoyed by it and quit. Maybe I'll work on it. I still haven't had my perfect PMU run either. I always mess up the SP path somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluedevilz got 695k on Hollywood Nights with an FC on a RB kit, to give you an idea of potential score. PMU is overrated, outside of the Bridges there isn't anything too difficult, so long as you can hit quick double pedal

I'm not trying to diminish your 800k by any means, for a week worth of drumming that is very impressive. It took me about a week to find my way around the kit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: