ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So I wanted to train for Expert +...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: So I wanted to train for Expert +... Reply with quote

Like many on these forums, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Guitar Hero: Metallica. One of the features I'm looking forward to the most is double bass. However, something that many probably don't realize is the it will be VERY hard to jump into it if your other foot isn't trained.

So how could I train it? Should I just play progressively harder songs with my left foot until it has enough rhythm and stamina? I just want to be able to do songs like One without too much trouble.

Also, I am using the Rock Band 2 drum set and have both GH:WT and RB2 and I have most of RB's DLC, so give me ANY song in either game that could help me out. And before anyone tells me, I know the free second pedal from Gamestop doesn't work with the RB2 set.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: So I wanted to train for Expert +... Reply with quote

Do you have This Calling by ATR? The intro is Farly fast with that bass, you could use that to practice two feet, one pedal. But really, just take anything with fairly gast bass hits and try to use both feet on the same pedal. That might help you train for E+.
g0dly  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just hit your foot on the ground in overkill and scream aim fire on the skipped bass notes. you can hear them. since they took all of the double bass out of the game i wouldn't see how 2 feet on one pedal would help you learn to double bass.
Majestic122  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really desperate, go outside in your garden (if you have one), take a chair and put on some shoes. Then start hitting 8th notes with your right foot and 8th notes with your left foot, but do it so like they sound like a string of 16th notes. Try not to hit the ground with your two feet at the same time. If you can do this for a long period of time without screwing up with 2 feet at the same time, then I think you're ready for double base.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just try to play the game with your off foot instead of the one you normally use. That would be the best way to develop it b4 u get GH:M...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: