ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to use the foot pedal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: How to use the foot pedal. Reply with quote

Simply, how am I supposed to use the foot pedal. I use heel down, but I can't hit the pedal hard enough and fast enough that way. Heel up makes my foot tired. And holding the pedal down before the next one kinda seems awkward. Also, the WT pedal doesn't go down all the way which makes it worse. Should I remove the [whatever you call that cylindrical thing]? And how?
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: How to use the foot pedal. Reply with quote

I use heel up all of the time, and yes my foot gets tired, but it's all just endurance. The more you play, the more stamina you'll develop. And you definitely should play with your foot down between bass hits, it makes your foot get tired significantly slower. Just work on it and you'll eventually get natural at it. It's just like learning to play guitar from different positions. It's awkward as hell at first, but the skill develops in time.
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using blindz0rs techneique in using 2 feet for the 1 pedal.

It works for me, even though it is a bit annoying in slow parts.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: