ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Double Bass in GH:M with RB drums and splitter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickyScissors  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Double Bass in GH:M with RB drums and splitter Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, question about double bass with RB drums... I just went to Best Buy and picked up 2nd bass petal with a splitter for RB drum set to use with GH:M. To my suprise, I am not able to hit the bass with my right petal while my foot is resting on the left bass petal. In fact, I can't hit either bass petal while the other petal is barely pushed down. This sure seems to make double bass a lot harder than a real drum set. I understand why it is happening because both petals go into the same port .

My question is does the GHWT drum set have the same behavior? I find it very awkward to rest my left foot on the floor during a song and bring it back to the petal in the double bass sections.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... I would love to use double bass in song but am finding this rather impossible!
EpicCalamity  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* that a GHWT drum kit with a splitter does not act the same, but I'm not sure, I havnt even opened my 2nd pedal yet.

If you want to stay with your RB Double bass setup though, and be able to hit with 1 pressed down, you can always go with the official RB 2nd bass. Gamestop sells a 2nd RB Bass Pedal with a splitter that allows the hitting with 1 pressed down for $25. However I have heard that there is a limit to the speed you can hit with this.

Theres also other little things you can try (I think the twinrocker might work), and theres also a thread on the hardware forum to make something that works for double bass. Look at the hardware forum on the RB side and theres alot of Double Bass question/answer threads.
gohoog  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This a known problem with RB drum sets, here's the answer to your problem:

http://omegapedal.com/twinrocker/index.html
NickyScissors  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses, they were very helpful. I plan to go with the splitter that gohooq recommends and will reply with with the results once it arrives.

Thanks again!

Nick
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in the hardware forum that the splitter that comes with the RB pedal is SUPPOSED to prevent that problem. I wonder why it is not for you...
NickyScissors  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABee1010 wrote:
I read in the hardware forum that the splitter that comes with the RB pedal is SUPPOSED to prevent that problem. I wonder why it is not for you...

I bought the Rhythem Maker Bass Pedal (only one Best Buy had) so that is part of the problem. The splitter in this pedal does NOT resove this issue.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8988161&st=bass+pedal&type=product&id=1218007399851
PhilipinoPride  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried switching the switch from 1 to 2 on the double bass adapter?
[6:41pm] xsiick: I love PhilipinoPride
[6:41pm] xsiick: go ahead
[6:41pm] xsiick: sig that
[x] Beat the Rock Band 2 endless setlist on expert drums
[x] Get a #1 score on Scorehero Rock Band 2 expert drums (RHCP- Tell me Baby) got taken away from me
[ ] Get past a major RB2 drummer on scorehero career leaderboards (I still need to put up all my scores)
[x] Get all achievements for RB2
[ ] Get #1 on XBL leaderboards on a RB2 song for drums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Philipino Pride
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: