ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drum Song Tiers - new and original! (3/29/09)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Drum Song Tiers - new and original! (3/29/09) Reply with quote

So that other topic is great, but I felt that the ratings were a bit off and that lumping all of the songs into the first 4 tiers didn't really help beginners that much. So I created this list, with 12 songs per tier, like RB2:

Tier 1:
Eye of the Tiger
The Joker
Are You Gonna Go My Way?
Living on a Prayer
Too Much Too Young Too Fast
Beat It
About a Girl
Vinternoll2
Band on the Run
Up Around the Bend
What I've Done
Hail to the Freaks

Tier 2:
Monsoon
Float On
Hotel California
Weapon of Choice
Rebel Yell
Heartbreaker
No Sleep Til Brooklyn
The One I Love
Some Might Say
Lazy Eye
Escuela De Coluer
Do It Again

Tier 3:
Spiderwebs
Sweet Home Alabama
On the Road Again
You're Gonna Say Yeah!
Nuvole e Lenzeoula
Stranglehold
The Middle
Beautiful Disaster
Good God
Pretty Vacant
Love Removal Machine
Today

Tier 4:
Hey Man, Nice Shot
Mountain Song
Rooftops
Mr. Crowley
Toy Boy
Misery Business
Go Your Own Way
Feel the Pain
Antisocial
One Way or Another
Aggro
Re-Education Through Labor

Tier 5:
Kick Out the Jams
The Wind Cries Mary
One-Armed Scissor
Never Too Late
American Woman
Prisoner of Society
Our Truth
Hollywood Nights
Santeria
The Kill
Stillborn
Shiver
Overkill

Tier 6:
Parabola
Freak on a Leash
Love Me Two Times
L'Via L'Viaquez
Demolition Man
La Bamba
Love Spreads
Satch Boogie
Crazy Train
Ramblin' Man
Pull Me Under

Tier 7:
Trapped Under Ice
Soul Doubt
Vicarious
Schism
Obstacle 1
Scream Aim Fire
Dammit
Everlong
Hot For Teacher
Purple Haze
BYOB
Assassin

3/29: Switched Beat It and Float On, Good God and One Way or Another, and Sweet Home Alabama and Heartbreaker

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)

Last edited by orangeglacier on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BootsMegamix  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapped Under Ice
Scream Aim Fire
Hot For Teacher
BYOB

Should all be Tier 6 IMO
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good so far, but how are they actually ranked? Like pass-ability, 5*, FC?

I feel Beat it and Monsoon should really be Tier 1, if you want only 12 I'd swap with Vinternoll2 (more rolls) and Float On (Hi-Hat part). On the Road Again is very basic, not really deserving of Tier 3. Maybe swap that with SWA(L)? That song is pretty long and the end part is more difficult than OTRA. Good God is really easy if you abuse the timing window a bit. Obstacle 1 isn't in the same league as the rest of Tier 7, imo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
Looks pretty good so far, but how are they actually ranked? Like pass-ability, 5*, FC?

I feel Beat it and Monsoon should really be Tier 1, if you want only 12 I'd swap with Vinternoll2 (more rolls) and Float On (Hi-Hat part). On the Road Again is very basic, not really deserving of Tier 3. Maybe swap that with SWA(L)? That song is pretty long and the end part is more difficult than OTRA. Good God is really easy if you abuse the timing window a bit. Obstacle 1 isn't in the same league as the rest of Tier 7, imo.

A mixture of passability/5 star ability, like how the game usually tiers songs, I think. My logic for those Tier 2 songs was that Beat It is pretty long and fast, so it could tire out beginners pretty easily, and Monsoon has the bass heavy second half with the 3/4 timing that could be tricky. I will switch Beat It with Float On though, I had forgotten about the YYYYYYYYYB part when I put that as tier 1. For an expert, On the Road Again is very basic, but Orange Crush was tier 5 in RB1 and a lot of people still got stuck on it. That kind of pattern is very challenging to newcomers, and while On the Road Again is a bit slower and has no Ys thrown in, it still could be tricky. I could probably move Good God down a tier or two, but I don't know what to move up to replace it, and while Obstacle 1 isn't as hard as most of Tier 7, it's still harder than all the songs in Tier 6 to pass at least.

BootsMegamix, I don't know where you got those ideas from. BYOB and Hot For Teacher are definitely some of the hardest songs to pass, and while TUI and SAF are easier than most of the 7th tier, they're still harder than the 6th tier songs.

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="orangeglacier"] For an expert, On the Road Again is very basic, but Orange Crush was tier 5 in RB1 and a lot of people still got stuck on it. That kind of pattern is very challenging to newcomers, and while On the Road Again is a bit slower and has no Ys thrown in, it still could be tricky. quote]

Orange Crush is harder, and has that other part too. You could probably pass OTRA by just rolling on the red and missing all the bass and the ending. I'd maybe swap it with Rebel Yell, that song is pretty long, kinda fast and that bit completely baffled me first time I saw it.

orangeglacier wrote:

BootsMegamix, I don't know where you got those ideas from. BYOB and Hot For Teacher are definitely some of the hardest songs to pass, and while TUI and SAF are easier than most of the 7th tier, they're still harder than the 6th tier songs.

I agree with you (Orangeglacier) on this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BootsMegamix wrote:
...Scream Aim Fire ... [s]hould [] be Tier 6 IMO
I completely agree. The majority of the song consists of at a very manageable pace. As long as you can spam through the intro, which really isn't that hard, it's an incredibly easy song to beat. I'd even go as far to say it belongs in tier 5.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
zimzimmahzimmer  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

satch boogie should be much lower. it's a simple beat for most of it, with a few snare rolls.

http://iphonewallpapers.ilovefree.org/images/wallpapers/15315514/animals/giraffe.jpg
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zimzimmahzimmer wrote:
satch boogie should be much lower. it's a simple beat for most of it, with a few snare rolls.

Have you played it? The beginning and end have tons of tricky hi-hat doubles thrown in and random fills, and the middle is a fairly fast, bass-heavy beat with random other hits thrown in. It's basically Hot For Teacher without the intro.

sockpuppetss  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schism should be way farther down. No way is it harder than Vicarious. And Purple Haze is too high, if you can do the rolls it is really easy (I've 5 starred it).
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sockpuppetss wrote:
And Purple Haze is too high, if you can do the rolls it is really easy (I've 5 starred it).

Biggest. Understatement. Ever.

This song consist of 10% easy hi-hat beat, 5% easy snare, 5% blank space and 80% WTF.

There's nothing on-disc that can compare to how technical the song is.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
sockpuppetss wrote:
And Purple Haze is too high, if you can do the rolls it is really easy (I've 5 starred it).

Biggest. Understatement. Ever.

This song consist of 10% easy hi-hat beat, 5% easy snare, 5% blank space and 80% WTF.

There's nothing on-disc that can compare to how technical the song is.

Yeah, it's one of only like 5 songs that I went into the red on on sightread. I think I'll definitely keep it where it is.

And Vicarious is harder than Schism, but they aren't really in order within the tier and I think both have earned their final tier status.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: