ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1: psxfreak101 vs SilverSwift (0-4)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: GH1: psxfreak101 vs SilverSwift (0-4) Reply with quote

Song #2: Heart Full of Black!

Current overall score: 4-0 to Swift.

Past songs:

Song #1: Hey - Swift wins 4-0.

Current 'Hey' Ranks:
psx: 12th (E), 16th (M), 33rd (H), 42nd (X)
Swift: 5th (E), 4th (M), 13th (H), 14th (X)

Current Overall Ranking:
psx: 380th (E), 867th (M), 13th (H), 62nd (X)
Swift: 441st (E), 1674th (M), 28th (H), 297th (X).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This has pretty much been a whole four years in the making, but it's finally happening - after years of messing around at similar difficulty levels/games, direct competition finally emerges - psxfreak101 vs SilverSwift! We're going to be aiming to obliterate GH1 across every difficulty, with the same song played on all 4 within a week. Much more importantly, we're gonna have a lot of fun doing it, I'm sure. GH may be done and dusted, but neither of us have played the first game in a long old time, and are both interested in giving it a go again.

Yet another pair of hard merchants (as we're totally real men) go head to head on that difficulty, as many have before. That said, this rivalry is backed up by an enormous amount of lolplinking, general failure, spectacular FCs, horrible choking, fullgame FCs (psx), and various other stuff over the years. My words can't sum up how much history there actually is behind the entire thing, so let's just allow the asskicking to begin!

Please also note that I can't possibly win this, since psx is, in fact, psx. The universe would detonate from the injustice.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.

Last edited by SilverSwift on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 14 times in total
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hello. Fancy seeing you here!

So I was thinking our first song should be Hey. Might as well start slow with some squeezing.

/me is very excited about this rivalry
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, good evening Swift ol' chap, good to see you around.

Also, epic rivalry is epic.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy captain, good to see you too - hope you've been well?

psxfreak101 wrote:
Oh hello. Fancy seeing you here!

So I was thinking our first song should be Hey. Might as well start slow with some squeezing.

/me is very excited about this rivalry

Thank you for not picking anything insane for the first song! I've got cast-iron scores for H/X, and functional scores that I'm happy with for the other difficulties, but I'll be tinkering with them later. Won't be enough to stop you from utterly slamming me though.

Edit: And now medium done too, just easy to go! Sorry man, just psx and I for this one - thanks for showing an interest, though. Not a silly question at all!

emptyset wrote:

Last edited by SilverSwift on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, can I join in after leagues are done? Or is this only you two?

*prepares to get hammer'd for silly question*

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Hey, can I join in after leagues are done? Or is this only you two?

*prepares to get hammer'd for silly question*
Sorry chief. This is just between Swifteh and I. This is something that he and I had been wanting to do for the best part of 4 years :P

I haven't put GH1 into my PS2 just yet. It'll get in there eventually though!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rah - any lucky on the ol' SG, mon amie? I've benched my scores so it's not too much of an issue, just curious!

emptyset wrote:
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad hasn't had a chance to look yet, I'll bug him to check it out today. Worse case scenario I'll just grab one or two from e-bay. It really pissed me off that my SG decided to overstrum right as we start this rivalry D:

EDIT: Got another one coming in the mail now. Hopefully I'll be able to start on Hey finally in a few days time.

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm double posting. Sue me. :P

So random notes about these scores:

- Gotta love that the paths are practically identical on all difficulties, and that they are straight forward at that. I know for sure that's not the case for basically every other song haha.
- Easy was a 1.6k increase. Medium was a 40k increase. Hard was not an increase. Expert was a 600 increase.
- The 3rd activations of Hey on everything ever can go DIE. I laughed at how far away I was from it on easy, only to find I was getting even FURTHER away on medium. Hilarious stuff.
- Expert seemed to be the easiest difficulty to whammy well for me, or at least it felt like it. It could just be more of an illusion due to the different fretboard speeds and such.
- I'd spent a good 30 minutes playing it on medium. First run was that pic up there, and I didn't reFC it for another 30 minutes... which resulted in the exact same score. Both times I'd missed the last activation squeeze (which felt like something I definitely should be hitting) and decided against trying anymore.
- Kinda wish I didn't pick Hey first up. Got rather sick of missing the same squeeze(s) on every difficulty.
- Yay a working SG!

Anywho, I am done with playing Hey Hey Hey Hey. I don't think you should say you're done with it too Ryan if purely because your easy comment says that you used the wrong path. You should at least have one more shot at it on easy and you SHOULD get within ticks of my score (there is seriously no squeezes outside of that 3rd whorebag of an impossibility). I know you're not able to play until Monday, but its not like we have/are gonna be keeping to this strict deadline business huh ;)

Whatever you decide, you do get next pick regardless (finally! hahaha)

sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow swifty playing again, jeez psx what large stick you must have to poke him from the dead.

Looks awesome guys......keep this going!!!!!!!!
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir! Sorry for the delay, I was at home and away from the wonders of the internet for the most part - I didn't have another crack at my scores from ages ago, so here they are. Disclaimer: I had ages of free time to work on these, and as you say, it's a very simple song/path...hence the lucky scores, I guess!

Started here, and got this after extensive ticking runs - the score that you saw was a righty run, I think, not my actual attempt! Tried for that 3rd squeeze, but failed...

However, I didn't fail here! Easily the hardest squeeze I've ever hit, this took the best part of two entire evenings to hit even once - luckily I didn't mess up the final activation. Never got close to hitting it again on any difficulty, so this must've just been one of those bizarre flukes.

I felt like I was missing something drastic here, sure felt like there was more in the song but couldn't quite get it. Not so bad, but relatively it was probably my worst score across all four.

I agree on the whammying for both hard and expert, it did seem a lot easier! Was pretty happy with this one.

So it seems that I've somehow skipped to a clean sweep on the first song, but luck was definitely on my side. That third activation can go and stuff it. Plus this is an uber-squeeze song, I'm sure you'll ruin me on the next one, which will be...Heart Full of Black!

(I've updated the first post - check out our sexy ranks for Hey! Interestingly, we both went up ranks overall on medium too, but I've been overtaken by someone on hard, noooo!)

suker, it was bribery that I couldn't refuse!

emptyset wrote:

Last edited by SilverSwift on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna post to say I TOLD YOU SO. Not surprised you clean swept Swifteh. Really not Well done, although I'm curious as to how you managed to drop ticks on medium. That just didn't seem like something one should do on Hey but oh well, crazy ass squeezing is still crazy ass.

HFoB should be interesting. I'm really not fussed about whether or not you post your scores first or whatever. If I'm happy with my scores (read: "fuck this squeeze, stupid whorebag song I hate you go die *post score in rage*" >_>), I will just jump ahead and post them in the thread. That, and the scorewhore in me can't hold onto the scores in any case, they'll get uploaded straight to SH either way >_>

Given that this is a song you can definitely FC (as evident by your reFCing of it while you were running through the setlist once more or so I spotted :P) there's all the chance in the world you'll clean sweep yet again, but of course we'll have to wait and see won't we ;)

sukergod: Given the distance between lolstralia and Pomgolia, it's a miiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty big stick. Also its easy to bribe such a man with cricket and Dynasty Warriors ^_^

SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain that it was a fluke! Besides...easiest song in the game plus loads of time resulted in some major grinding; I won't be able to do this sort of thing again. As for the dropped ticks, the only explanation I can think of was that I was freaking out after hitting that 3rd squeeze, and played it safe for the final activation. Not too fussed, though I never did get close on any other difficulty, heh.

Yeah, should be an interesting one, although the path looks to be a bit of a horror - we'll see how each of us does! I'll get to it this weekend for sure, should be able to crank out some scores then. G'luck!

emptyset wrote:
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revival plz

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look, there's another fan :O

Had no internet for a week, and then didn't really get a chance to play until a couple days ago, which was met with a good old fashion rage quit. Finished it off today with more ragequitting. Success!

3rd place score Couldn't get the last squeeze so I pushed the activation a note earlier and just lost out on a lot of ticks instead.

Also a 3rd place score Probably not getting any more ticks out of that.

As my comment says, hate whammy. I think I missed 1k that I could definitely get (and was getting on different other runs) but christ its just too much of a pain in the arse trying to get whammy out of the strumming SP phrase, and the one time I got everything after the 5th activation, stupid whammy didn't whammy on the last two SP phrases >_<

This led to me ragequitting. Too many misses, too many missed squeezes, too much frustration. Definitely could've gotten more out of this too but alas. Didn't feel like playing it anymore.

Definitely scores that you can beat in any case, particularly H and X. But hooray, finally got scores in! >_>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: