ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Getting better...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Getting better... Reply with quote

I seem to be getting a lot better at this game. I have gotten FCs I never would have thought possible like Freya, PP(LL), and YRGM without sweat. I'm... scared to be honest. What's happening?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play enough and it happens

If you follow the FC breakdowns pretty close, each song is only a tiny, tiny bit harder than the last one. As you go along you refine/acquire techniques and build consistency. Which usually means if you got Song A, you can get Song B just above it. Keep doing that and pretty soon you're looking back going, "Why did I think that was hard?"

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:

If you follow the FC breakdowns pretty close, each song is only a tiny, tiny bit harder than the last one. As you go along you refine/acquire techniques and build consistency. Which usually means if you got Song A, you can get Song B just above it. Keep doing that and pretty soon you're looking back going, "Why did I think that was hard?"

Oh if only this was true. If I followed the breakdowns for each game and your theory (which does hold some water) was true, then I would have a lot more FC's than I personally do. Plus some of the breakdowns are pretty debatable which I think everyone has an opinion on. One game, for example, is how the hell is Miss Murder # 38/48 on GH:SH?! The strumming at the end shouldn't be enough to put it that high, otherwise the stupid chord changes on Minus Celsius should put that higher than only # 26/70 on GH3.

That said, refining/acquiring consistency, skills and techniques does help FC stuff that you never thought you would get. It is easier said than done though, but if you're a really decent expert player then you can say that no problem!

Anyway, well done expertwin, and you have had some very impressive FC's recently which I wish I could get! Keep up the good work and I'm sure there are even better ones to come!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatebarracuda wrote:

Going in order is generally a guide, but depending on your strengths, certain songs may be out of place by miles. If you have a rare knack for strumming, Helicopter and KoC on GH3 would fall really early. I intentionally try to jump as far ahead as I feasibly can in the breakdowns sometimes-- upon first realizing that a general hierarchy of FCs existed, Mauvais Garcon became my ninth FC series-wide. I noticed in certain places, especially the 30's of the GH3 breakdown, there were many songs that had incredibly different obstacles. If you can hit Go That Far, you can still suck at In Love, and vice versa.

The rankings also can show where songs look much more difficult than they actually are. I would have never gotten Prayer of the Refugee if I didn't see how low it was in the breakdown.

Right now, even though I've hit much harder things in every other game I own, the FC breakdown in World Tour seems to have a massive hurdle for me. More specifically, I hit Antisocial in my first three or so runs at the song, and I'm closing in on having the entire list up to that point while having no songs above it. Granted, much of this is because I haven't really wanted to play Spiderwebs on repeat to hit that trill. Still, the jump from Antisocial to Love Spreads and The Middle seems larger than any other gap in a game (excluding the extreme top and bottom).

On a side note, I'm kind of sad that the first two songs in the FSFC breakdown will not be Obstacle 1 and Song 2.
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I didn't mean follow the breakdown like it's the word of god, just use it as a general guide. There are places where it's plain inaccurate, and places where you will encounter a personal strength/weakness that significantly changes the order for you.

Basically I was just trying to say that the best way to get better is to keep FCing songs, and keep gradually increasing the difficulty of what you're trying to FC. If you get stuck, take a break.

Also, I wouldn't recommend trying to work through a single game breakdown by itself, unless you're already capable of FCing most of the songs in the game. If you do that you just get huge jumps in difficulty that you won't be able to overcome. I was more referring to a theoretical breakdown of the entire series. E.g. FC all of the tamer songs in the entire series before you try something harder. The difficulty ramp-up is more gradual that way and you won't end up in territory that you shouldn't be in yet.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: